How long are hormomes possibly out of whack post hysterectomy (with one ovary left) | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

How long are hormomes possibly out of whack post hysterectomy (with one ovary left) How long are hormomes possibly out of whack post hysterectomy (with one ovary left)

Unread 03-06-2014, 07:47 PM
How long are hormomes possibly out of whack post hysterectomy (with one ovary left)

I would love to hear from those who felt like it took a while for hormones to balance out.
I had Abdominal hysterectomy in July 2013..BAD surgery...thankfully kept one ovary.
Went in abdominally again in December 2013 to remove cervix.
Great surgeon...totally took good care of me.

Do some of you feel like hormones can be imbalanced this far out? I know my ovary is still functioning because I still have PMS symptoms, ect...

Just curious.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-06-2014, 08:32 PM
Re: How long are hormomes possibly out of whack post hysterectomy (with one ovary left)

I'm 44 and my ovary never missed a beat. I have menstrual migraines and still have them. When my breasts stop being sore and I count that as the start of my period ( uterus is gone ) and then about half way through I can tell I'm ovulating .
Unread 03-06-2014, 11:36 PM
Re: How long are hormomes possibly out of whack post hysterectomy (with one ovary left)

My 1 remaining ovary was asleep after surgery & it took 10 weeks to wake up! It was horrible & I went on estrogen pill. I'm still on the pill & the dr told me to just keep taking it
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-07-2014, 05:51 AM

Thank you both for your reply.
I feel like my emotions are still kind of out of whack. I know two major surgeries within 5 months is a lot, but it's been 3 months since the last one...and 7 since the first. I don't cry or anything....just can tell emotions aren't right. I don't know where else to lay the blame??
Unread 03-07-2014, 08:00 AM

Your welcome hope is gets better soon
Unread 03-07-2014, 12:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhotoChick44 View Post
Thank you both for your reply.
I feel like my emotions are still kind of out of whack. I know two major surgeries within 5 months is a lot, but it's been 3 months since the last one...and 7 since the first. I don't cry or anything....just can tell emotions aren't right. I don't know where else to lay the blame??
My surgery was in September and I think my hormones have been off a little since then. Some days are better than others. I know my ovaries are working because I get the mini-periods, but it is kind of like maybe they sometimes have trouble. I will say this though, it seems to be getting better with fewer not so good days in between. For me, it's kind of like something isn't quite right, almost back to normal but not quite there yet. I am not depressed or having hot flashes or anything like that, but I can just *feel* it if that makes sense. I am hoping that since I am close to the six month mark, it will be great from here on out. Hope things look up for you!
Unread 03-07-2014, 03:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HystSister View Post
My surgery was in September and I think my hormones have been off a little since then. Some days are better than others. I know my ovaries are working because I get the mini-periods, but it is kind of like maybe they sometimes have trouble. I will say this though, it seems to be getting better with fewer not so good days in between. For me, it's kind of like something isn't quite right, almost back to normal but not quite there yet. I am not depressed or having hot flashes or anything like that, but I can just *feel* it if that makes sense. I am hoping that since I am close to the six month mark, it will be great from here on out. Hope things look up for you!
I'm glad you seem to be getting better day by day! I hope that trend continues!
Depression is a part of it for me. I wish it would just go away. It seems up and down, which is why I tend to think its hormonal. Surely it will even out soon.
I don't have hot flashes. PMS is not a big deal at all. One day at a time....

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register