Scheduled TLH Getting a little nervous - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Getting a little nervous Getting a little nervous

Unread 12-10-2009, 06:37 PM
Re: Getting a little nervous

Quote:
Originally Posted by IRENA40 View Post
hello having my total laporoscopic hysterectomy on 12/16-few more days and getting very nervous about anesthesia--someone help
I AM THERE WITH YOU! anesthesia stinks but is do-able. That to me is the worst part of any surgery. I plead with my GYN to not give me anesthesia this Monday the 14th..but he said NO. They use a great anesthesia "Diporvan" or as they lovingly call it "Milk of Anesthesia" they can breiing you right out of it if need be. Try to relax (that is coming from a person that is panicked too) and you should be fine. Good luck.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-10-2009, 06:42 PM

Just got to thinking....I am a cop and if this Doc has to cut me opposed to the LAVH..I may be in a world of trouble. I need to be back at work Gun Belt and all by 3 weeks. FMLA gives us time but I may lose my position with the squad I work with. I have a lot of scar tissue and I am wondering if the LAVH can still be done? Any insight from anyone with scar tissue?
Unread 12-11-2009, 08:22 AM

Hello my surgery is scheduled for Monday 14th. I am very nervous. I ask my doctor to give me something in pre-op to help with being nervous. Thanks to this sister hyst. Its very helpful. Please anyone out there respond to me please.
Unread 12-11-2009, 11:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thea154 View Post
Just got to thinking....I am a cop and if this Doc has to cut me opposed to the LAVH..I may be in a world of trouble. I need to be back at work Gun Belt and all by 3 weeks. FMLA gives us time but I may lose my position with the squad I work with. I have a lot of scar tissue and I am wondering if the LAVH can still be done? Any insight from anyone with scar tissue?
I had quite a bit of scar tissue and adhesions due to previous surgery and pregnancy and my doc was able to do it al vaginally with no abdominal incisions. Hope your doc can do the least invasive one possible.
Unread 12-11-2009, 12:11 PM

You'll be fine. I was just as scared as you all were going into my surgery but it was yesterday and here I am at home again.

I made sure to take chapstick, earplugs, an eye mask, and a robe of some sort for the walking around. Do NOT be surprised if, the first time they get you out of bed, you throw up your toes in front of everyone. The nurse handed me that little kidney-shaped basin and I managed to say "bucket" before hurling. Fortunately, she was FAST with that bucket. That was the worst bit in the hospital, though.

Do be prepared for gas pains. Most of the pains won't be intestinal, although it won't hurt to take some sort of gas-reliever (Gas-X or simethicone). Walking has been the best cure for me so far. Walk at least every couple of hours, even during the night. I make a minimum of ten laps around the house every two hours, which has begun to help a lot, both with gas and with general pain.

The pain level has been reasonable. I've only had two instances when it got really bad and both were easily handled with either Percocet (in the hospital) or Motrin (last night here at home).

I promise you'll come out the other side okay.
Unread 12-11-2009, 07:46 PM

Sisters, I was a little scared of my da Vinci total hysterectomy but I got through it and so will you guys! Preparation is the key, keeping busy getting ready for the castle. I cried and cried for weeks before my surgery date. It was over with before I knew it. I woke up fine...and recovered nicely. It has been wonderful not having to worry about getting my messy period anymore...no cramps, no ruined sheets, no nothing. Everybody hang in there. It gets better with time. )
Unread 12-12-2009, 11:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cstanley View Post
Hello my surgery is scheduled for Monday 14th. I am very nervous. I ask my doctor to give me something in pre-op to help with being nervous. Thanks to this sister hyst. Its very helpful. Please anyone out there respond to me please.
I am having my laproscopic hysterectomy Monday the 14th as well. I am so panicked that I began having panic attacks. The doc is calling in a script for anxiety to take the night before, and then take again first thing in the morning. I have to be at hospital at 630 am (EST) They will definately give you something in pre-op to get you a little loopy. Then, when you least expect it, they get you in the OR and administer anesthesia. It takes effect immediately and the next thing you know, you are waking up not even realizing the procedure is over. I have had many surgeries but still get panicked. SISTER YOU ARE NOT ALONE. Next week we'll all be on here telling our stories and looking forward to a New Life. Best of luck to you, I will hopefully be home on tuesday the 15th sometime. Let me know how you are and take it easy..our prayers are with you.
Unread 12-12-2009, 11:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by alicat1978 View Post
Hi,

I am having surgery on the 15th as well. What is yours for? I supposedly have endo/adenomyosis, but we won't know for sure until we go in. I have been treating it for years with BC pills, but pain/bleeding are getting worse and I don't want to have to take pills since I have already had the Essure procedure to block my tubes. I have two children and just want to get back to my life.

Best wishes for your surgery!

ali

P.S. I have found lots of good information on this site about what to take to the hopsital and what to expect while there and then after you come home.
Hey Ali- my surgery is actually the 14th..got my dates mixed up LOL My surgery is for large fibroid tumors (approx 8 of the) the largest being the size of a tennis ball. I also have cysts on my ovaries. My doc is planning on doing this Lasproscopically. About 3 years ago I had an endometrial ablation which really cut down on the bleeding but did not help with the fibroids. Good luck with your procedure!!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register