PMS after TAH ? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

PMS after TAH ? PMS after TAH ?

Unread 07-23-2010, 10:39 AM
PMS after TAH ?

hello , its my 3rd weeks post TAH .. and for the last 3 months before my tah I was starting my cycle around the 28 of the month with major pms starting about a week before , well its the 23rd now and I have had a major head ache ( an old pms sympton) , my breasts are slightly swollen and I have been even more emotional than usuall ( I cried last night while watching " Kitchen nightmare " ( lol not something to cry over its a cooking show ! ) this has been going on since tuesday ....is my body just acting out PMS ? even tho I have no uterus .. I do have both of my overies and Im 29 .. do i still ovulate ? is this common ? will I have it every month ? or is it just something that happens around week 3 and 4 ? .. ugh its driving me nuts the head ache is mainly on one side and the vic dosnt do much to help it .. I really need toridol (msp?) its my miricle drug for migrains and its non narcotic but for some reason Drs dont like prescribing me a bottle to keep at home , they will give me it at er but I dont wanna go to er all day just for a head ache .. so I took a vic and im going to treat this like pms and see what happens.. Im making a pot of coffee now and eating a bag of m&ms... coffee and chocolate always used to help my pms ......
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-23-2010, 11:29 AM
Re: PMS after TAH ?

If you kept your ovaries you will still have the same or similar pms symptoms (minus the bleeding of course). If your ovaries didn't go to sleep for a few months like mine did you should ovulate each month. Your body will absorb the egg with no problem. I have heard some say that the pms did get a little better but your ovaries should function as they normally would. Best wishes to you.
Unread 07-23-2010, 11:30 AM

I believe that you will still ovulate and can have PMS symptoms since you still have your ovaries. I have experienced some of my common PMS symptoms, swollen breats and headache just recently and realized that I would be due for my period this week.

Double up on that chocolate!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-23-2010, 12:38 PM

Yes, the PMS will likely stick around. The ovaries are what produce the hormones. I talked to my doctor about this and she is willing to prescribe me something similar to birth control pills (how ironic, right?) to help with the pms symptoms. It will be a pill that I can take throughout the month, no sugar pill.. obviously not necessary. I couldn't take this type of pill priop to my PAH because I was too sensitive to the estrogen.. too much bleeding etc.

So, talk to your dr about the pms symptoms...I'm sure she/he can prescribe something if it gets unbearable. :-)
Unread 07-23-2010, 01:55 PM

sorry to say, yes if you have your ovaries you will probably still ovulate, meaning good old pms will still be around.

Talk to your doc about those migraines, mine gave me a script for something that really helps mine, though we are hoping they will ease up as time goes by....

sorry you are feeling bad!
Unread 07-23-2010, 10:14 PM

and another Pms symptom has came up today the breakout ! my face is so broke out , and I was really thinking that for once Imight have clear skin .. oh we Im gratefull to know that my overies are working good and my hormones are still strong ...thanks for the info girls

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register