Pelvic MRI | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Unread 05-25-2006, 09:12 AM
Pelvic MRI

Just got home from having a contrast-enhanced pelvic MRI in preparation for my TAH on 5-31. (I guess TAH is the right term, however my ovaries were removed due to recurring cysts about 9 years ago. . . ) The MRI was my first -- boy was it ever noisy. Felt like ***** the Woodpecker had taken a jackhammer to me!

Mostly, though, I'm trying to stay busy and keep doing the things that must be done. Helps to control anxiety.

My doc ordered the MRI because there is a rapidly growing "something" that he believes is a fibroid; says it looks kind of like an ovary, actually -- solid, but soft, and the MRI can give him a better look at this critter, and help him decide which approach is best. (It's way down on the left side, near the cervix.)

Anyone have experience along these lines?

Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-25-2006, 09:26 AM
Pelvic MRI

I have a unknown growth on my left ovary 8cm. I had a MRI and that was very scary to me. I felt like I was in a coffin. I was breathing heavy and sweating. Hope I never have to have one of those done again.
Autumnsummer
Unread 05-25-2006, 09:33 AM
Pelvic MRI

AutumnSummer,
Did you just have the MRI and are waiting?

I was lucky in that it was noisy but not too scary, however I'll admit when they let me out, I said, "Okay, I'll tell you where the Treasure Map is; just don't slide me in that tunnel again!"

Seriously, I hope we're both okay.

, TwitchyB
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-25-2006, 10:03 AM
Pelvic MRI

They must do things different up here, because I had both fibroids and ovarian cysts. I was given a ct scan. I would take the noisy tunnel (with ear plugs) to the iv contrast you get with the ct scan. That is a really weird feeling

39 Daisies

PS I saw 3 doctors, and they knew right away that I had fibroids. The ovarian cysts--I was told that they probably were not cancer, but they needed to get them in the lab in order to know what they were.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register