swollen feet. | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

swollen feet. swollen feet.

Unread 09-26-2009, 03:47 PM
swollen feet.

I just had my hysterectomy due on th 25 of sept 2009. I had it done with an up and cut on my stomach. My feet are swollen. What can I do about this issuse? Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-26-2009, 06:00 PM
Re: swollen feet.

Hi There can be many reasons why your feet may be swelling, so you really need to talk with your DR on this, especially as your surgery was only yesterday. I'm kind of surprised they released you from the hospital like that.

I would call the office and at least speak with the DR on call for the weekend. If it's not your own DR, please make sure to tell them you had surgery yesterday. Let us know what the DR thinks, OK?

s,
-Linda
Unread 09-26-2009, 06:20 PM

I agree, can't believe you are home already. I was in the hospital for 5 days.

My feet swelled pretty badly for the first week or 2. Doc said it was the build-up of IV fluids that I was on for a few days.

Yes, check with your doc to be sure and best wishes.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-26-2009, 06:43 PM

My feet swelled also. I agree with contacting the dr. the cause could be anything. Mine wasn't anything serious, but I had to put my feet up that seemed to help..I did notice the day of my discharge I had a long drive home and from being in the seated position in the car for 3 hrs my feet and calves swelled pretty bad, but once I got up and moved around best I could and then put my feet up that went down. That happened on and off for a couple of weeks. I did check with my dr. and they weren't concerned, it isn't an issue anymore. Definately check with your doctor, what was not a concern for one may be a concern for another because of different circumstances.

I am also surprised you are out and just had surgery yesterday. Take it easy and get plenty of rest.
Unread 09-27-2009, 09:27 AM
swollen feet.

I'm still in the hospital. But thanks 4 the info. I have asked my doc and my nurse.thanks.
Unread 09-27-2009, 05:55 PM

well, don't know if this applies, but if you're not on IV, drink lots of water. Ask you doc. if you can put your feet on higher pillow and stay away from salt.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register