New and waiting | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

New and waiting New and waiting

Unread 04-25-2008, 09:51 PM
New and waiting

Hi everyone! I got my surgery date yesterday and am happy for it. I have fibroids that were finally diagnosed in Feb this year after 3 years of going through brutal periods, heavy bleeding, lots of clots, cramping, bad PMS and really not knowing what in the heck was going on. I had finally had enough when I was no longer able to sit in a meeting for more than an hour. Working in a male dominated company, it's kind of hard to be the only woman in a meeting and lift your hand to ask for a "comfort break". Ultrasound confirmed what apparently my doctor had suspected but had never shared with me. Since diagnosis, a lot of side effects of the fibroids finally make sense! It's like a light bulb going on.

I'm alone. My mom passed away 17 years ago and my older sister has not had this experience. I am so happy to have the support of others who can literally walk me through this (although walking might be interesting). I have to have a "TAH".

Thank you!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-25-2008, 11:13 PM
new and waiting

Hi SpringB! I'm sorry that you are going through this without the support of your mother. Doesn't it feel great when the doctor finally explains everything to you, and you finally the proof to justify your pain. It's like see...this is what I have and now people will understand why I've been in so much pain! I'm not crazy-I have proof finally! It's too bad your workplace is filled with so many men, because they will never understand. Anyway, I'm glad I have found this site. People are always here day or night. We are here for each-other. Take care and please keep us updated!
Unread 04-25-2008, 11:16 PM
New and waiting

I am new here too and also just got my surgery date. My story is almost identical to yours (lots of bleeding, clots, cramping etc) and my fibroids are continuing to grow (up to 20 weeks now) The docter is worried they will keep getting bigger and bigger and I will keep getting more anemic than I already am. I will be having a TAH. I am also so happy to have the support of others here. It's hard to find people who understand what you are going through, but I know this is a place we can come to to find that support.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-25-2008, 11:28 PM
new and waiting

Well, hello to KJDC too! It's too bad that we all are here and connected now due to having such pain in our recent lives. I too enjoy the company and support this site provides. Please remember we are always here for each-other. Best wishes to you on your healing and recovery. Please keep us updated!
Unread 04-26-2008, 07:37 AM
New and waiting

Welcome SpringB...

I had a SAH, kept ovaries and cervix. Are they taking all your stuff? This site is a Godsent!...I had a polup that filled my uterus up, which caused major bleeding,cramping..etc..I lost my mother 13 yrs ago, so I understand completely!..I don't know what I would have done if I hadn't found my sista's!!!!!

Good Luc....
Unread 04-26-2008, 09:29 AM
New and waiting

SpringB...

I am sorry about he loss of your mother & the fact that your older sister can't relate, but you have so many other "sisters" her that do. We are all going to get through this together day or night, we are here for you no matter how you are feeling!

This site has allowed me to be brutally honest with my feelings & what I am going through without getting any ill feelings from anyone. We all share a common bond here that the people in our "real" lives don't always understand & know how to react to. The support of these ladies get me through each day without losing my mind as my surgery date approaches!
Unread 04-27-2008, 07:32 AM
New and waiting

Thank you ladies, you have brought a tear to my eye, but in a good way.

I appreciate your time and your good wishes.

I am looking forward to this (as warped as that may seem). The 6-8 weeks (hopefully) will be a bit of a pain but, just like the other tough stuff, you get through it.

Thanks again. Enjoy the day.
Unread 04-27-2008, 08:09 AM
new and waiting

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpringB
. The 6-8 weeks (hopefully) will be a bit of a pain but, just like the other tough stuff, you get through it.
The support and understanding here is so special. I feel so much better knowing that my pain is RECOVERY and HEALING pain! And knowing that hopefully there will no further surgeries for the endo (knock on wood).

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register