Raised toilet seat, bath bench, and grabbing tool - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Raised toilet seat, bath bench, and grabbing tool Raised toilet seat, bath bench, and grabbing tool

Unread 06-25-2004, 06:33 PM
Raised toilet seat, bath bench, and grabbing tool

Just wanted to let you guys know that the stuff I ordered from medsupplyco.com arrived today ...That was sooo fast I only ordered it 2 days ago and didn't use express delivery or anything.

Amy
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-25-2004, 07:14 PM
Raised toilet seat, bath bench, and grabbing tool

Ladies--My husband surprised me with the toilet seat extender, and also a lift chair-- he rented the lift chair from a med. supply place and they delivered it--it was a Godsend in the first weeks. The toilet seat thingee was great--not having to use those muscles too much to sit down and get off the toilet--he remembered the trouble almost 9 years ago from my C-section. Here's some advice, though--I am short--5'4", and when after the first week of coming home I was having problems having (sorry--gonna get graphic here) a bowel movement--I just couldn't do it with my legs dangling--I took it off, was able to put my feet on the floor, and had much more success, and a lot less pain. I didn't tell him because he was so excited with himself for getting it for me--and it was very thoughtful, but I had to take it off every morning, or I just couldn't have a BM. I don't know what the deal was, but something about the pressure on my pelvic floor had to be relieved by having my feet flat on the floor. I may be weird, but be aware, in case this happens to you. I finally took it off completely after almost 2 weeks, but it helped greatly in the beginning. Also--if your bed is high up--please think of some way to get into it without having to use some rickety step-stool. My teenage son had the great idea to bring in one set of my hot tub steps for me to use--my bed is very high, and the steps are sturdy cedar, and it was great! They were sturdy, and the steps were not so high I couldn't maneuver them. Wooden trailer house steps might work as well.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register