Cysts and exhaustion? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Cysts and exhaustion? Cysts and exhaustion?

Unread 05-07-2004, 10:02 PM
Cysts and exhaustion?

I have a grapefruit size cyst on my right ovary and smaller ones as well.
I have been extremely exhausted for a while now and I am wondering if this is due to the cysts. I know fatigue is a symptom of ovarian cancer but hoping this is not my issue. Drs are not sure what my alien being is, waiting for surgery.

What do y'all think?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-07-2004, 10:55 PM
Cysts and exhaustion?

I got my first cyst when I was 16. I went from running track and being very active to being totally lethargic. After several ER visits and numberous test Drs. found a grapfruit size cyst. After the cyst was removed, my energy started to increase again. So in my case I am certain that cyst was the cause of the lack of energy.

Hope this helps,
Michelle
Unread 05-07-2004, 11:44 PM
I can understand where your coming from!

Hi,

I'm pooped too! I have polycystic ovarian disease. Right now I am told I look 5-6 months pregnant. I do believe the cysts make you very tired. I used to be a runner, do yoga, and bouldering (rock climbing on smaller rocks). Since I have been sick this past year, I haven't the energy to do much besides work and go to school. I have gained 10 lbs from not exercising and eating all the time and my dr believes I have gained 15 lbs of water around the tummy. But I have to say, my situation is different because I also have displasia on my cervix or stage 0 cancer. All I can share with you is that my body needs extra sleep and food to "feed" my alien beings. Can't wait until my lavh on the 15th.

Take care!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-07-2004, 11:59 PM
Cysts and exhaustion?

Thanks for the info. I just had not seen anyone really discuss the exhaustion factor related to the cysts and felt like I was going bonkers. The exhaustion has snuck up over the past year to where I was feeling like it was normal.

Sorry that you all are suffering from the exhaustion but appreciate knowing I am not alone and that it is probably related to the cyst and nothing more.

I am waiting for my surgery (TAH) on Wednesday. Best of luck to you winkie on the 15, may we find energy in the future!!!

Calico
Unread 05-08-2004, 03:48 AM
Exhausted calico?

I believe many of us are exhausted. I work 4 hrs a day, come home and sleep every afternoon, my DBF cooks me dinner and I go to bed early every night. I am exhausted..... and aged 50.

My hyst is 13 may and they aren't sure what's wrong with me yet. The pelvic ultrasound showed no abnormalities in the ovaries or uterus, but on examinination the uterus is big, darn and auntie flo is visiting constantly and killing me with pain.

Our bodies are possibly trying to 'balance' whatever is not right within us, that must be hard work? (Our hormones, uterus, ovaries etc and pituitary gland etc r all working overtime trying to fix the problem - and obviously can't fix it.)

Plus some of us r extremely nervous (me) which uses up a lot of energy. We also may have work, family, kids, friends, housework and partners to keep happy while we feel so miserable!

Plus the anemia or anemic deficiency (some of us have) must make us feel tired too.

Wow, we're amazing - no wonder some of us r exhausted / tired - Huuuuuuuugs my sweet darling calico. You are in my prayers.
Unread 05-08-2004, 06:55 AM
Cysts and exhaustion?

Hi everyone,

this is an interesting thread, I have a large ovarian cyst and a very large fibroid.

I have been tired for so long and have not really been able to pin it down. I am a primary school teacher, - a reason, I am overweight, another reason and I have been suffering from depression. I have been off work for 4 month with that,

have just been given the date for the op, 8th June so I know longer know what is connected to what.

Even though I am not working I still get very tired.

hope it will all sort itself out soon

take care everyone

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register