3 more days!!!! HELP I am soo scared | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

3 more days!!!! HELP I am soo scared 3 more days!!!! HELP I am soo scared

Unread 09-14-2004, 05:58 AM
3 more days!!!! HELP I am soo scared

HI ladies,

I feel like I know all of you now...This site has kept me sane...Michypoo I see how sweet you are in all your posts, yet you are due tomorrow...my prayers are with you...I am having such a hard time concentrating on anything this week...one day I have all the energy in the world and get tons done ,then like yesterday I couldn't seem to move...I am soo scared, of what I have no clue I see all the posts of these nice ladies saying they are home...I can't wait to be over and done with this....Friday can't come soon enough, maybe then I can get on with healing and stop obsessing soo much. My poor DH has such a hard time with dealing with anything that comes to a hospital...I bet he looks worse than me when this is over.... OK ladies this is it down to the wire!! to all of us having it done this week I send my prayers...I know we'll be OK and I thank you all for all your input.
Karen

SAH/TAH Sept 17th
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-14-2004, 06:05 AM

I had my surgery on 9/7 and let me tell you from my experience that I was so scared a couple days before the sugery that I was considering cancelling. I had the surgery and I have had a very easy time. I feel like I know that I am suppose to take it eay but everyone keeps telling me that I look great. It was 1 week today and I honestly feel great. I had the staples removed yesterday and I'm not taking any pain medicines anymore. So try to relax..I think you will be surprised. I had a TAH/BSO. So far I can't complain.
Unread 09-14-2004, 06:34 AM

Hi Karen
I too was just like you prior to my surgery, and BELIEVE me that I was so surprised at how there was nothing to it. I was so worried about being put under the anesthetic. That was so easy and uneventful. One minute your awake and the next minute they are waking you up and the surgery is done.
It really is easy you just need to trust the Dr and surgical team, they do know what they are doing.
After the second day I didnt need any pain medication. I was truely amazed. Then when it is all said and done you do not have to do anything, but be a princess.
So try and make the most of these "waiting" days , keep busy , do something that you really enjoy that relaxes you.
My DH was like yours, he was more exhausted by the time I came home form the hosp. than I was.

So good luck and I wish you a great recovery.
Soon you will be a

Linda

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-14-2004, 06:45 AM

Hi Karen... The waiting is definitely the hardest part... I had my hyst in May and it definitely was not as bad as I had anticipated. They were very good about controlling pain in the hospital. I had my surgery on a Monday and by the week-end wasn't taking pain meds. For me it was more of a sore achiness than pain... I would get soooo nervous before, that I would just break out in a sweat. If I could have know then what I know now Just try to keep yourself busy and get yourself ready to be pampered!
Unread 09-14-2004, 06:54 AM

The waiting is the hardest part......ACKKKKK!!!!

I'm just kidding, sisters. I know it's true -- and I think all of us LIW know it in our heads. It's our hearts (and stomachs) where we have the problem!

I don't know if it would work for others, but I'm just trying to balance preparations with self-pampering missions (which I also think are vital to preparation). I'm also trying to sleep well at night, which is a real challenge since I rarely sleep more than 2-3 hours at a time, thanks to my bladder issues.

If I can be somewhat "in control" of my daily activities now, I don't have that "out of control" feeling as much. Don't know if that makes sense, but it does for me.

Good luck to all!
Unread 09-14-2004, 07:52 AM

My worst time, is when I am laying in bed. When the lights are out, family is tucked happily into bed, hubby gently snoring beside me, my birds are grinding their beaks, my cats are snoozing in the living room. I should just be going off to la-la land with Mr. Sandman....Instead, the thoughts come. During the day, I know how it will go, out like a light, expecting some pain on wake up, sleeping all day with my little friend, the pump. At night though?? rofl It really sounds quite stupid when I am awake and up.... The thoughts range from the day after, my family planning my funeral, my husband meeting a new woman, my son being absolutely devastated....To the horrors of living through a botch job...unable to walk, a vegetable, having a colostomy bag (which I know isnt that bad, just a huge fear of mine) being so constipated that they have to do another huge surgery, coming home and my belly opening wide up (yeah in this one my son is right beside me, wont that stick in his head forever), waking up or not going to sleep right.

By the way, my imagination is very active. I truly know these things wont happen, but at night, with nothing else to do, these demons come to get me. I try really hard to think about life with no period and that helps some, but then my mind turns once again to the worst (other things fallling out, all of a sudden hemorrhaging!) Sheesh, makes me wonder if that is why they gave me ativan!! LOL

Kat
Unread 09-14-2004, 07:55 AM

Karen

Hey Sis!! You're almost to the better side! Hang in there, the Hyster Twister roller coaster ride is almost over. You'll be lounging in the land of light-colored clothing and sheets in just a few days.

Go out for a leisurely lunch or dinner with DH, pamper yourself with a nice bubble bath. Try not to obsess over what doesn't get done....prioritize and delegate whenever possible. Maybe watch a chick flick if you feel like you want to cry.

We'll be watching for your "I'm a Princess" posting on the post-op boards.

Best wishes for an uneventful castle visit and a speedy painfree recovery

s
Cat
Unread 09-14-2004, 08:13 AM
with many thanks

TO all my sisters.... thanks so much for all your replies....I am praying for all of us...well at least I washed all my floors today lol....amazing how one minute I can't function at all and the next, I'm scurrying around doing everything....roller coaster is right!!! All my best to all of you , those who are waiting, and those who are on the other side...may we all have speedy and easy recoveries!! Thanks again for letting me vent...Karen
Unread 09-14-2004, 08:33 AM

Hey Karen....just a few more days, then we'll be healing together and sharing our stories in here. Hopefully the first thing I do when I get home (if DH lets me) is run to the computer to check on all of you. I know I'll be thinking of all of you while they wheel me in tomorrow....hoping and praying that our Lord continues to cover you all with His peace.

luv, hugs & prayers,

Mich
Unread 09-14-2004, 11:25 AM

Hey Karen

Were going to make it through this !!! We're all very strong women. With all the prayers and good wishes coming your way. Will be going through recovery together. What time is your surgery? I'm going in at 6:00 am with surgery @7:00 am. Can't wait.

God Bless,
Pat

TAH on 09/17/04

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register