This Time Next Week | Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy) | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

This Time Next Week This Time Next Week

Unread 06-24-2011, 03:23 PM
This Time Next Week

Hi Everyone, I've been playing the "This Time Next Week" game with myself. All I can seem to think of is what will be happening to myself this time next week. It started yesterday and is all I seem to be able to think of. I'm not really scared so much of being put under for the operation since I've had that in the past and always seem to do well with it. I just keep wondering how much it will hurt, if there will be complications, if the nursing/hospital staff will be good people or not, etc. I really don't want to be in pain and then have to deal with irate nursing personnel too. I also had a dream last night where I died and that didn't help too much either, but I was at peace with myself when I died in the dream! I know I'm just getting nervous. I need to find something to do to just chill myself out a little and to not make me think so much of my upcoming date. Any good ideas?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-24-2011, 05:36 PM
Re: This Time Next Week

It's funny you say that! I just said today 24 days from now I'll be in surgery! My only suggestion would be maybe try and find a good book to read? I'm not sure if your a reader or not, but books can be a good distraction Good luck next week! Oh and SWEET DREAMS!!!!
Unread 06-24-2011, 07:05 PM

LOL!!! You definitely brought a smile to my face
Beckeboo25. I do love reading books, but I never seem to have the time for them now between work, family and other obligations. I used to read like the dickens when I was younger. BUT . . . maybe I can make up for lost time and read all the books I want when I'm home recuperating! That'll be nice. In fact, I've already got a stack all ready to go. Good luck to you 24 days from now and I wish you a speedy and well rested recuperation.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-25-2011, 05:14 AM

I have been saying that as well...."This time next week..."! I just want to get this done. It has been really nerve wracking!!!!!! I have tried to do everything from cleaning, knitting, watching movies with the kids (been raining here everyday!!!) Nothing is working. Something will pop into my brain and I need to go write it down. Everyone in my house is going crazy as well because I keep doing something for after surgery or talking about it.
Unread 06-25-2011, 01:41 PM

I was doing that last week (before my surgery got post-poned) mostly with my 2 cats that love to be picked up and love to lay on my tummy. They both weigh over 10 pounds. My DH was worse though. I think he's more worried than I am at this point.

Of course he's also already planning our vacation after all is said and done. Saying things like 'this time next year...' I like that saying more.

Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register