Scheduled TAH =( Just saw I have to do an emema | Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy) | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

=( Just saw I have to do an emema =( Just saw I have to do an emema

Unread 06-25-2011, 04:23 PM
=( Just saw I have to do an emema

I have really been handling things ok right now, I am more of a last minute freaker outer lol. Until last night when I looked at the papers that said I had to do an emema the night before and then the douching that morning.
I am more freaked out about the enema right now then the surgery. Can someone please tell me how bad they are because I have never done one and I am worried about it.

Thank you so much.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-25-2011, 05:19 PM
Re: =( Just saw I have to do an emema

Please search for my post on this topic: "enemy was non-event". It's so not a thing. Trust.
Unread 06-25-2011, 09:31 PM

I was so mad when I saw I had to do the enema too, but it wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. I didn't have to do the douching part though.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-25-2011, 10:03 PM

It really is not a big deal. I mean it is not something I want to do often, but honestly, the idea is worse than the actual event. Read the directions carefully, and take your time, don't rush...you will be fine.
Unread 06-26-2011, 08:14 AM

It was my first enema as well and I am 42 years old. I found the easiest method for me (of course everyone is different) was on my stomach with left leg straight and right leg bent. It was one of the positions suggested on the bottle. That was easiest for me. I had to give myself 2 enemas 1 hour apart the night before surgery.

It wasn't that bad. My husband offered to help and I was like "Uh no thanks honey.....I got it" (smile)
Unread 06-26-2011, 08:26 AM

I honestly wasn't looking forward to the "bowel prep" either. But afterward I was thankful. The last thing you need is to be constipated afterward and having that added pain. In addition, they need the lower intestines cleaned out to have more room to work. All in all, not as bad as I was anticipating. Good luck and take deep breaths, in through the nose, out through the mouth.

Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register