Scheduled LSH Getting Nervous!! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Getting Nervous!! Getting Nervous!!

Unread 03-17-2012, 09:59 PM
Getting Nervous!!

I am scheduled for LSH on March 20th. Getting nervous as the surgery day nears.

I am mostly worried about being put under and not waking up! Not sure why, I have been put under before and didn't have issues with it but for some reason it is weighing heavy on my mind

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-17-2012, 11:18 PM
Re: Getting Nervous!!

I am there too. I have had surgery and I was not scared, but I am terrified about this. I just remind myself that I will be okay and then I try to distract myself. Though letting out a good long cry to relieve tension might be a better thing for me. Next time my husband leaves the house, I may do that.
Unread 03-17-2012, 11:24 PM

Hi PR1974,
I'm also new to this site and also nervous about being put under...along with surgery itself! I've had multiple surgeries in the past years and for some reason have been so scared about this one. I'm still trying to find my peace with it and trust the process so I understand your feelings completely.

I think its just such a big step we are taking so its normal to be concerned the way we are. But I am finding that you have to envision in your mind the surgery and post surgery coming out okay. Work on trusting the process. When a person can "look ahead" and see a positive outcome it does seem to calm the nerves. At least that's the approach I am trying to take after doing tons of researching and talking to so many women. I found I was driving myself into a state of constant anxiety.

I have my pre-op on March 20 and Surgery April 4 with Da Vinci Robotic. I hear that's a great way to go and its offered where I am doctoring. I am doing uterus only as everything else appears healthy so I don't feel they should take it. I am conservative by nature with everything. Good luck to you and if you are a person of faith, pray on it. My faith in God is helping me learn to trust and let go yet I'm still working on it! I am sure you're gonna do great. Good luck and try to breathe easy as it helps your recovery to go in confident too.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-18-2012, 01:11 AM

You may be afraid to "go under," but on the day, you'll probably end up wishing they would have let you "sleep" a little longer! That's the only time you get uninterrupted sleep in a hospital!

I was just "under" 3 weeks ago. The best wake-up I've had. Anesthesia is so much better than it was years ago. I woke up this time fully awake and able to think clearly.

BTW, the anesthesiologists are usually the most competent and intelligent people in the room. They know their stuff. You'll be fine.
Unread 03-18-2012, 04:45 AM

I was terrified about being put under too, particularly as I had two operations in three months. I was afraid there would be a sort of overdose effect! But really it was fine - the anaesthetist saw I nervous and gave me gas and air to breathe in order to calm me down. I also had a tranquiliser one hour before the op. When I woke up I was a little confused - asked the nurse if the old lady sleeping on the next trolley was dead! - but there was no nausea and the confusion passed quickly! This is all new for you but, remember, the doctors do this all the time and they know what they're doing!
All the best,
Christina

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register