Advice needed please help--bleeding issues at 52 | Hysterectomy Options and Alternatives | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Options and Alternatives

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Advice needed please help--bleeding issues at 52 Advice needed please help--bleeding issues at 52

Unread 02-07-2015, 09:46 AM
Advice needed please help--bleeding issues at 52

Hi I am new and will try to be brief but feel I need to detail to get the correct response. I am 52 years with no children. In 2008 I was diagnosed with thickening of the endometrium, and had a D&C after my endo biospy came back negative. Had no more trouble unitl 2011 when I started bleeding sporatically off and on again. Had sonogram showed thickening returned, another endo biopsy another followed by another endo biospy 6 months later then another D&C. All results normal. January 2013 bleeding again.....sonogram showed thickening 11 took provera it shrank it up. This time under new gyno. One month after stopping provera in 2014 sonogram showed thickening again... 11.4 endobiopsy that day as well results are as follows:Polypoid fragments of Atrophic Endometrium No Hyperplasia or Carconoma. Starting bleeding in November 2014 dr suggested D&C or repeat biopsy in April. In with a group of doctors one says has polyp one says does not know for sure. Februay 2015 bleeding again......saw drs in January one wants to take uterus out......one says do just D&C. I'm baffled and confussed......6 endobiopsies since 2008 two D&C's no cancer but now the bleeding and returning problem is getting on my nerves. FSH showed 33.9 one says peri and one says I'm post. Someone please help me.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-07-2015, 07:41 PM
Re: Advice needed please help--bleeding issues at 52

Have you had a ct scan or MRI yet? These could tell you a lot more as to what is going on. It seems there is such a difference of opinions from the doctors. my GP and gyno said just take the tumor and ovary out. The Gyn/onc said she takes everything just in case and also because I was 54 and didn't really need everything as she figured I was in meno already. I agreed with her. No more worrying if it will happen again.
This is a big disicion. You need to find a Gyn who you can get the pros and cons on a hysterectomy and which option will give you a better quality of life.
Unread 02-08-2015, 09:31 AM
Re: Advice needed please help--bleeding issues at 52

No CT or MRI yet but will ask. The doctor I am going to stick with is a Gyn/Onc as well. We have one place here in my town with several Drs and each think they are right. My mom had precancer at age 45 uterus and my sister is Stage IV ovarian. I'm tired of the problems and this last bout with the pain almost sent me to the ER. I think it is time to take it out and not worry anymore. My family GP tells me this has been going on for seven years, 6 endo biopsies, 2 D&C's and every 18 months the problem returns. I'm scared of the surgery but after much thinking and pain I think they may be right. Thanks for your input and help.

Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register