Hysterectomy cancelled...Hormone therapy suggested | Hysterectomy Options and Alternatives | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Options and Alternatives

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy cancelled...Hormone therapy suggested Hysterectomy cancelled...Hormone therapy suggested

Unread 02-08-2015, 01:09 AM
TAH Cancelled (For now, at least)

I was due to have my TAH on March 4. However, my insurance company denied it due to my not having any cancer concerns and my gyno didn't try anything other than D&C. So, we are going to try some hormone therapy. I'm not sure what kind yet as my appointment to discuss this isn't until Feb. 16.
I'm having mixed emotions about this. I was looking forward to getting rid of the bad cramping and excessive bleeding once and for all and was preparing myself for the surgery (even bought the kit from this site). I'm upset because my doctor had said that hormone therapy wasn't an option instead of trying it first (perhaps the insurance company was next best to second opinion). But, I do have a sense of relief at the same time. I don't know many women who actually look forward to all the pain that comes with major surgery and the recovery time. And, last (but not least), I am hoping that this hormone therapy works for me.
I guess I can take comfort in knowing that, shall the hormone therapy fails and the TAH is TRULY my only option, I have a place to come back to for support from great ladies who have been there.
To all those with impending surgeries, I sincerely wish you all the best of luck.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-08-2015, 07:12 AM
Re: TAH Cancelled (For now, at least)

There is a lot of peace and comfort that goes along with trying all other options first! Hugs to you. Have you been to the hysterectomy options and alternatives forum? You may find quite a lot of support and suggestions to get you thru this journey there.
Unread 02-08-2015, 01:31 PM
Re: TAH Cancelled (For now, at least)

That's how most insurance company's work. They want to make sure that your doctor has tried any and all methods that are available to you before surgery is considered. Best of luck to you
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-09-2015, 02:11 AM
Hysterectomy cancelled...Hormone therapy suggested

Hello, everyone
I'm 34 years old and have been suffering from excessive bleeding and cramping since I was 11 yrs. old. My gyno had scheduled me for an ablation (Nova Sure) back in November but couldn't perform it due to excessive scar tissue. He did perform a D&C and had told my husband that there were other things we could try. Fast forward to my follow up appointment 3 weeks later...He tells me that a TAH is my only option. Everything was scheduled and I got a letter from my insurance company stating they wouldn't pay for it because I didn't have cancer and hormone therapy hadn't been attempted. My appt. is Feb. 16 to discuss options. I already have the Essure implants so I don't know if birth control will be an option?
I guess I'm just looking for women who have gone through hormone therapy because of the same thing and if it worked for them. I would appreciate some insight on this.
Thank you

Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register