Upcoming hysterectomy 1/26: What should I do for six weeks of recovery? Paint? | Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy) | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Upcoming hysterectomy 1/26: What should I do for six weeks of recovery? Paint? Upcoming hysterectomy 1/26: What should I do for six weeks of recovery? Paint?

Unread 01-14-2016, 12:22 AM
Upcoming hysterectomy 1/26: What should I do for six weeks of recovery? Paint?

I love walking but its freezing in February. I've been learning a language, I thought I could study intensively and be nearly by the time I get out, perhaps start painting again?
What did you do with your time?

I also like a good British show , like doc Martin ,Sherlock, downtown Abby. So any suggestions on some good series to watch?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-14-2016, 04:48 AM
Re: What should I do for six weeks of recovery? Paint?

Those sound like good ideas. Also walk around inside! You can go to the mall, the supermarket, a museum etc to walk around. I made lots of plans for little outings with friends/family to get myself out of the house as well.
Unread 01-14-2016, 06:36 AM
Re: What should I do for six weeks of recovery? Paint?

Painting sounds like a wonderful idea! So does language study. :-) I caught up on my reading and did a lot of sewing, got through a whole pile of small repair jobs I'd been putting aside. I also did some financial work for the two local charities that I'm treasurer for. I did a tax return for a friend. I got all my winter footwear cleaned, waxed and put away. (My surgery was at the end of May, a month after the busy February-April tax season ended, so there were a lot small chores piled up.)

I'd suggest going walking despite the temperatures. If the ground's reasonably clear, then bundle up and head out, esp. on sunny days. Usually early afternoon is going to be your warmest time. Also consider malls or indoor tracks as walking resources.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-14-2016, 09:27 AM
Re: Upcoming hysterectomy 1/26: What should I do for six weeks of recovery? Paint?

Those are all good plans, just keep in mind recoveries vary. Some get a lot done, some have issues like brain fog, fatigue, or other things that mean their plans get altered for part of those weeks off. So keep your plans, but don't commit to deadlines where they must be done. In your case, sounds like it's all for personal enjoyment, so shouldn't be a problem. Learning a language is always a good goal, in my thinking, so I envy your ability! I hope all goes as planned and you are able to enjoy your time.
Unread 01-14-2016, 11:28 AM
Re: Upcoming hysterectomy 1/26: What should I do for six weeks of recovery? Paint?

I've done a lot of reading. The first two weeks I slept a lot and read mostly easy novels. Adult coloring books, watched entire seasons of tv shows I've missed. I'm almost 4 weeks post op and the fatigue in the early weeks meant I haven't done as much as I planned.
Unread 01-14-2016, 05:49 PM

You might enjoy the British show "Miss Fisher's Murder Mysteries" - it is a bit saucier than some of the other mysteries.

If you want a change of pace to comedies you might like - "Keeping Up Appearances" and "Wooster & Jeeves".

Hugs and you sound as if you will be quite productive during your "down time".

Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register