Uck...bowel problems | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Uck...bowel problems Uck...bowel problems

Unread 05-07-2001, 01:23 PM
Uck...bowel problems

How many of the other LIW have this sort of problem...I have a constant, heavy and burning pain my my lower abdomen. I also noticed that when the pain is at it's worst, I also have a feeling of pressure in my lower bowel. It is almost as if I have to go, but I do not. One minute I have constipation, and then I have diarreha. I get the most incredibly painful cramps as well, which travel through my entire lower abdomen. And all of this when I am not menstruating. That is when the fun really starts....NOT!!! I have been diagnosed with Adeno, but there is a good chance there is some endo there as well.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-07-2001, 03:41 PM
Uck...bowel problems

That sounds really uncomfortable!! Have you discussed these symptoms with your doctor? I didn't have those pains...but sometimes fibroids can wreck havoc with your bowels. Do you have a history of fibroids?

I hope you are able to get some relief from this soon!

Karen
Unread 05-07-2001, 04:46 PM
hi

I just typed out my symptoms on another post before I saw yours and didn't really even think this might be connected. But I have had some of what you are going through and I was diagnosed with probable adenomyosis two weeks ago. Mine is not constant but I do have a burning sensation before and after bowel movements at times. I do cramp before also at times but nothing major. I would term mine more as soft stools than diarrhea but I have had it so long that it is just normal to me. The burning sensation is fairly recent and continues.

My sister had a hysterectomy 10 years ago for endometriosis and she says she had this also. I have also heard others with adhesions have the same symptoms.

Best of luck to you!

Sheryl
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-07-2001, 05:02 PM
Uck...bowel problems

OH wow! what you describe is very similar to what I just went thru for the last 2 wks. Did yours discomfort come and go? or is it constant. I had that for about 2 wks and it has since gone. But I do recall last month the same thing happened.I've put it off as some kind of virus or something, but now you have me wondering if it's symptoms of something else.

Very interesting! Thanks for posting!
Unread 05-07-2001, 06:21 PM
Uck...bowel problems

My pain is pretty constant...it sometimes lets up but is always there to some degree. And sitting for prolonged periods of time just makes it worse. I also noted that when the burning is at it's worst, I also feel like all of the blood in my body is pooled in my 'lips' down there.
Unread 05-07-2001, 06:27 PM
Sounds just like IBS

The symptoms you are describing sound alot like Irritable Bowel Syndrome. I have the same thing you described daily, sometimes a lot worse than that. It's been going on with me for 6 years! It could be brought out if you are under a lot of stress also. I can't offer any remedies since if I had any I would definitely not feel like that daily. I have heaviness, burning, cramping, diarrhea, full feeling, and the constant need or feeling to go. Not fun. I'm having my hysterectomy on Wednesday. I'm having TAH/RSO mainly for severe menstrual cramping and heavy bleeding. I have my cycle every 2 weeks (sometimes sooner) lasts for about 8 days on average, then I ovulate (very very painful) about 3 days after stoping period, then recover a little from the ovulation pain and start all over again about 4-5 days later. Doc and Gyn think that I may now have endometriosis which would explain my IBS getting so much worse around the same time cycle went wacky. So they both think the hysterectomy will in fact actually help aleviate some of if not all my IBS symptoms. That would be awesome if it did, then all I would have to deal with is the multiple sclerosis and fibromyalgia symptoms. Fibro is acting up really bad today from stress. Can't wait to see what it is like tomorrow the day before surgery. Yikes!! LOL.

Good luck and I hope you are feeling better real soon. If you want, you could try taking some pepermint. Best is the natural enteric coated pepermint from the health store, helps a little with the pain when it's not too severe.

Taking one day at a time:
sandi
Unread 05-08-2001, 01:47 AM
Uck...bowel problems

I know...it DOES sound like IBS. I was diagnosed with that years ago. I take Dicyclamine when it gets bad (almost never). I mentioned this to my DD and she feels that my GI would agree that the current problem is NOT related to IBS. And best of luck with your surgery. I envy you having a date!
Unread 05-08-2001, 04:28 AM
Uck is right!

Hi, I know excactly how you feel. I have had these same type of symptoms for the past 6 mos. I am having my surgery on Mon. TAH BSO. My Doc told me that the large fybroids and possible endo can cause this. Sometimes the fybroids obstruct the bowel. Plus everytime I walk on a hard surface my abdomen hurts with each step. Sometimes the ovaries can adhere to the bowel which ofcourse can cause such problems. Make sure you discuss these symptoms with your Doc. I was started on Fiber tablets to help and they did alittle. Can't wait to get this all over with. Maybe I'll feel halfway normal again! Good luck. Mary Bee
Unread 05-08-2001, 05:15 AM
Oh my gosh...that sounds like me too!

But when I walk on a hard surface I tend to get a pulling feeling in my lower abdomen. And I get sore in my lower back. It is so amazing that so many other women have symptoms like mine. It is easy to feel like you are the only one...especially when the docs say that it is all in your head, or do a quick exam and declare that nothing is wrong that they can see or feel. We are not hypocondriacs...and this stuff is NOT all in our heads!
Unread 05-08-2001, 06:06 AM
Uck...bowel problems

Geez, and I thought I was the only one with that type of problem. Everyday, it seems I have a new and different pain. Last month I had cramping 3 weeks out of the 4. And an incredible pressure on my bowel. Like you, feeling like I had to go, but then nothing happened. Very uncomfortable. Now I have a pain just below my belly button; it almost feels like I ate something bad, but it's been feeling this way for about 4 days now. I just chalk it up to another "symptom" and am glad I only have 27 days to go, and I'm off to the castle.

laura j

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register