Scheduled dVH/RALH Feeling alone | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Feeling alone Feeling alone

Unread 06-26-2011, 02:03 AM
Feeling alone

So here I am 2 days from my dVH/BSO.... I am 24 and feeling overwhelmed... I have been fighting with my family a lot lately and now I am about to have this surgery with out any of them having my back. I dont know why they cant just understand I am scared and sad that I cant have more kids. Instead they get angry and just say I am attention seeking. They have gone as far to hack my personal blog and my fb page. Laughing and making jokes at my personal feeling.... I have 2 wonderful kids now, my son and daughter mean the world to me. I had my tubes tied but always thought maybe 5 years down the road we'd reverse and try for one more. But now everything down there is so screwed up thanks to my Endometriosis that its pretty much sterilized me. Fun times, ok not really. But I am trying so hard to be strong that when my family crosses that line of verbally beating me down I dont know what to do. I have my husband, his mom and kids godparents supporting me down this road. But my own mom and sisters dont seem to give a **** one dang bit.... *sigh*... Sorry girls I am overwhelmed and I feel alone right now.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-26-2011, 02:15 AM
Re: Feeling alone

Hi Strika,
You are not alone! There are some truly wonderful, strong and supportive sisters here! (Up at all hours) and even a few east coast insomniacs like me! LOL
You are in luck to be here, in a warm and welcoming place with women who understand.
Surround yourself with those who support you and try not to let the ones who don't bring you down.
You need all of your strength to heal and be well!
Hang in there Strika! I will be sending prayers and wishes for a speedy recovery and all the loving support you need.
:cathugs:
Unread 06-26-2011, 04:56 AM

Sweetie I am sorry you are feeling so alone. We are here for you and you can always come to us for anything. What a strong women you are. Remember that you are strong and amazing don't let ANYONE tell you different. I know family is important but to heck with them if they aren't being supportive you can come to us the hystersister family. My prayers are with you and please don't hesitate to come here for anything big or small we understand. Endo is a horrible thing I know first hand, never let people belittle you, it is hard but you will be just fine. Big hugs and good luck
Tina
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-26-2011, 04:59 AM

My Goodness, from what I'm reading you do have some major issues like I did and can't wait to be relieved from. I think why your family is acting this way is because they aren't experiencing the pain and problems of Endometriosis and don't realize their actions are hurtful. I wish I could be there to help[ you through this fellow hyster sister you are NOT alone!!!No matter what age we are we should be able to find support from this procedure. Some people wondered why I was going through this procedure so young and I'm 42!! I'll tell you 4 weeks out and I am a new woman, the relief was instant!!! Go get 'em fellow hyster sister! We've got your back!!!
Thayana
Unread 06-26-2011, 06:05 AM

I'm so sorry you are going through this with your family. It's so hurtful when they don't understand. We're here for you! I'm keeping you in my prayers and I just know you will come through the surgery just great! I'm five days post-op and am so glad I had this done because when they looked inside they said I was just covered everywhere with endometriosis. The post-op pain wasn't even as bad as the pain I was getting with my normal periods. Right now I am just feeling glad that I won't ever have so much pain anymore or periods that hurt me so badly I can't even do anything.

We're here for you and you are going to do just fine! I'm sorry you are having to go through this so young but I know how bad endometriosis can be and I think your doctor is giving you good advice to have the surgery done.

(((HUGS))) Keeping you in my prayers!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register