Yoga: when do ladies normally resume? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Yoga: when do ladies normally resume? Yoga: when do ladies normally resume?

Unread 12-26-2008, 10:00 AM
Yoga: when do ladies normally resume?

Had my TLH on 11/26. Today I went for a 30 min walk ( I tried 1 week after my surgery to go walk every day for 15 mins and started bleeding, doc said I had to rest).

I have been doing yoga for 10 years and some of it is quite advanced. I haven't attempted it. I saw my doc at 2 week mark and he said he didn't need to see me again unless I had problems. I forgot to ask him when I can resume yoga/exercise..I'm abit surprised he didn't want to see me again... anyone else here do yoga? If so when did you resume doing it?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-26-2008, 01:44 PM

hi, i don't know if this will help or not, but I was told I could do yoga at 7 weeks (post LAVH).
Unread 12-26-2008, 03:36 PM

I would think gentle stretches... cat pose, partial triangle would be okay, but anything that uses abs, (boat, cobra, etc) I would wait at least 6-8 wks.
There is a lot of healing going on inside that you cant see..
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-28-2008, 10:45 AM

I had a TLH on 11/11/08, I resumed yoga this week at six weeks post op. I did my usual vinyasa class but just modified when I got tired. I feel fine and did a second class later in the week. I waited for my dr. to give me clearance which she did at 6 weeks.
Unread 12-28-2008, 08:02 PM

The yoga class I attend is multi-level. I went back to class at the third week post op and restricted myself to chair yoga. Even this can be too much if you don't watch it. My yoga teacher says not to do full yoga postures and stretching until my doctor clears me. I am hoping this will be at the six week stretch.
My yoga teacher believes that even when one is just watching others do yoga, it is yoga. One can pick up the positive energies, etc.
Unread 12-29-2008, 01:25 PM

I also have been a yoga student for most of my life, so I am DYING to get back to class. I plan to start with a private lesson in my home so that I can see where I am at and get the personal attention from the teacher I need to modify where I need to. I was doing Hatha, and Ashtanga at a pretty high level, but I know it will be sometime before i am back there. I am 4 weeks post-op and dont see myself going to a formal class for at least 2-3 more weeks. Remember true yoga is about the breath, not the asanas (postures)

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register