indigestion/gas | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

indigestion/gas indigestion/gas

Unread 11-10-2013, 08:27 PM
indigestion/gas

Does anyone else get severe indigestion and gas pains after they eat? Im almost 5 weeks post op and gas pains are horrible. Made me double over this morning. Meals have to be small other wise im sick to my stomach. Normalxy where are you?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-10-2013, 09:12 PM
Re: indigestion/gas

I am almost 8 weeks TAH and still eating very light meals. I take a probiotic in the morning, which has helped with the nausea. Up until 5 weeks post-op, my diet was chicken noodle soup, yogurt, crackers and Sprite. Until I started the probiotic, foods such as bread and meat made me feel very ill post-op. My appetite is still very small, yet, so at times, I just eat a protein meal bar for lunch or dinner....it fills me up and gives me energy. It seems that after major surgery, our body systems have a lot of readjusting to do to get back to normal.
Unread 11-11-2013, 12:08 AM

Aw, I was hoping this nausea would subside soon. Depends on what I eat whether I get gas pains. I haven't had a carbonated beverage since before surgery.

Good idea on the protein bars!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-11-2013, 12:45 AM

I'm 12 days post op. Gas is the worst! I think that is the culprit of most of my pain. I use miralax 2-3 times a day and gas pills. This is a harder recovery than childbirth for me. And I have horror stories about the two labors of love I went thru.
Unread 11-11-2013, 06:30 AM

Wow!! So glad to know I'm not alone. Joys of being a woman!!
Unread 11-11-2013, 07:11 AM

I'm only 5 days out, but I'm finding that I don't have the gas problems as badly when I eat small and more frequent meals. Anything more than a couple of bites and my tummy is upset, but spacing things out is really helping.

I hope this passes for you soon, I know for me the worst thing is being nauseated...I can handle anything else almost but the fear of vomiting makes everything worse.
Unread 11-11-2013, 07:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PinkTech View Post
I'm only 5 days out, but I'm finding that I don't have the gas problems as badly when I eat small and more frequent meals. Anything more than a couple of bites and my tummy is upset, but spacing things out is really helping.

I hope this passes for you soon, I know for me the worst thing is being nauseated...I can handle anything else almost but the fear of vomiting makes everything worse.
Oh my god, I hope I don't ever have to vomit before I'm completely healed.
Unread 11-11-2013, 10:09 AM

I had a robotic hysterectomy on. thurs. Nov 7, I stopped taking the painkillers. on Friday and took milk of mag Friday night and it helped a bit but I still have. bloating and painful gas pains ,what is the best and fastest remedy, to help relieve the gas,I am planning on going back to work. Tuesday
Unread 11-11-2013, 11:26 AM

Hi ladies,
I will be 5weeks post op tomorrow , still can't have BM without the help of milk of mag and of course it is basically a forced diarrhea . I find it amazing how weak I still feel after 5 weeks...
I am reasoning it to be caused by a foot long vertical incision and trying to be patient with my body. Yes, I also have heartburn like symptoms, gassy, pressure pain in stomach. I am beginning to think if something else is wrong, you know how fast mind can go in negative
direction, but trying to stay positive------
Unread 11-11-2013, 12:41 PM

I have found drinking hot peppermint tea works, 2 gas x and tums. Or drinking ginger tea with honey and lemon. I exhaust very easily. Today is the first time I have felt somewhat good. House work wears me out. Bending over is uncomfortable. Im ready to workout again but not looking forward to building me stomach muscles back up.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register