Concert going 2 weeks post op? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Concert going 2 weeks post op? Concert going 2 weeks post op?

Unread 06-03-2005, 07:47 AM
Concert going 2 weeks post op?

Hi! I received my surgery day a couple of days ago and my TAH is scheduled for 6/28. Well, for Mother's Day, before I knew I was going to need surgery, I received 2 tickets to see Hall & Oates in concert. Here's my problem. The concert is scheduled for 7/12, exactly two weeks after my surgery. It is an outdoor concert where you can bring your own chair or blanket to sit on. Do you think that this could be a do-able activity for me if I was careful? The concert in in Indy (about 15-20 minutes away from my home) and Hall & Oates isn't a hard rockin' group, so no mosh pits . I would really hate to have to sell my tickets, but I don't want to be foolish and cause myself to have a setback. Any input would be most appreciated!

Nancy
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-03-2005, 07:52 AM

Kind of depends on how well you will be feeling. I went to see a play 2 weeks after the surgery and felt fine. As long as you take it easy, have someone with you to get up and down, AND VERY IMPORTANT - YOU feel well enough - don't push if you don't - then go, enjoy!
Unread 06-03-2005, 08:16 AM

You might want to check with your doctor on this one. One thing you need to be careful of in crowds is getting bumped. An unintentional poke to your tummy could be quite painful.

I went to my nephew's graduation party at 11 days post-op. The ride there (25 min.) was very uncomfortable as I could feel every bump in the road. Although the party was at my brother's house and I could sit in his recliner, I was still quite uncomfortable.

Check with your doctor. S/He is the one who will best be able to answer this question.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-03-2005, 08:41 AM

Hiya,

My surgery was on 12th May 05 and I went to an Elton John concert at two weeks post op, it was seated and i did take it very carefully. I really enjoyed myself and i think this was the best thing at that stage, i was beginning to get very down.

We got there quite early to take our seats and we waited until the stadium had cleared before we even left them as there were so many people. I just couldn't be rushed or jostled. It did wear me out and i spent the next couple of days doing absolutely nothing, but he was worth it.

So my advice would be go and enjoy, it might be just what you need post op.

Have fun

Sarah x
Unread 06-03-2005, 08:47 AM

At 2 weeks you will really feel like getting out. I would be careful though. It seems a little too soon to be out for very long.

I would ask my DR too.
Unread 06-03-2005, 10:25 AM

I personally wouldn't have attempted it at two weeks. Everyone is different though so you should play it by ear. Remember that you'll probably have to walk a long distance to and from your car. Plus, you won't be able to carry your chair or any refreshments so whoever you're with is going to be packing quite a load. And you do have to make sure you don't get jostled around.
Unread 06-03-2005, 10:42 AM

I wouldn't have been able to attend a concert at two weeks, but everyone is different. Maybe you could have someone sell your ticket at the *last* minute if you're not up to it? Good luck!
Unread 06-03-2005, 12:27 PM

I agree with all suggestions.....but, to avoid the "poke in the tummy", be sure to take a soft pillow with you.

I took a 2 1/2 hour plane trip a little over 2 weeks post-op (with DR permission)....no problem at all -- just let other people carry everything -- you can carry your pillow!

Hugs,
Travelcat

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register