TVH ladies, your stories please!! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

TVH ladies, your stories please!! TVH ladies, your stories please!!

Unread 09-17-2006, 07:39 AM
TVH ladies, your stories please!!

I was just wondering when your Dr. released you to have sex. I know everyone is different, but I'm looking for an average. Also, how was it the first time?? Curiosity is killing me!! Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-17-2006, 08:51 AM

My doctor released me for intercourse at six weeks. It hurt like Hades the first time but got a little better each time after that. I could get to the big "O" though so that was good, but it felt like my husband was not going to be able to "fit" at all. Have lots of foreplay & tons of lube! Good luck!
Unread 09-17-2006, 01:52 PM

My dr released me at 6 weeks post-op appt., but I waited for a couple of weeks more, as I was not ready and it was still very uncomfortable.

When they release you it means you can if you are ready, as some are not ready physically and emotionally. You need to listen to your body and take it slowly, there is no rush.

s
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-17-2006, 08:35 PM
Same story

Doc released me at 6 weeks but said I might want to wait a little longer. We waited until 8 weeks. The first time was pretty challenging and painful. Since then it gets easier each time but still some sharp pains. I agree--foreplay and lube. The entry pain is not as bad but definitely feels smaller in there--I'm guessing because of the cuff. Patience and persistence.
Unread 09-17-2006, 10:05 PM

I waited at least 8 weeks...wanted to avoid the granulation issues. So for me, it all worked great and have had no problems, or pain. I do think everyone is different, but did not realize until after it was gone, how much discomfort my tipped uterus caused me over the years!!! Now it is great...just still seems a little wierd everything is "gone" up there!! Good luck!!
Unread 09-17-2006, 10:24 PM

I keep hearing about this granulation? I'm still about 4 weeks out from even thinking about looking at DH funny, but I was wondering what you should do if you notice symptoms of this? Does anyone have any information on it? Thanks!
Unread 09-17-2006, 10:43 PM

Well, it was weird, but I knew about granulation tissue from having horses! It is a wound that has excessive red blood cells, so it does not heal completely and looks like blood...Some women will experience this on their vaginal cuff. I am not an expert, but decided to wait an extra bit of time before having sex, to have everything healed up there as much as possible. I am sure some women just get it no matter what. The treatment seems to start with silver nitrate on the area, which sort of cauterizes it..on horse wounds that had "proud flesh" we used to use caustic powder to "dissolve" the excess cells and allow the wound surface to "flatten out" and heal properly....so, I think it is pretty treatable from what I have read, but will not really heal on its own, and it will look like bleeding...so, I hope this helps....and does not confuse more. I think there are some links in here to more medical type articles...

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register