I can't stop eating | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

I can't stop eating I can't stop eating

Unread 03-11-2007, 01:46 PM
I can't stop eating

Before the surgery, I ate because I was nervous, now I am eating because of depression. I am so sad. I lost 75 pounds and kept it off for a year. Now I have let emotions control me and I am up a total of 19 pounds. I am quite depressed over this. I also cannot exercise for a little while yet, and I don't know where to begin again......
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-11-2007, 03:59 PM
I can't stop eating

I know its tough. Try not to have convience food (cookies, chips, etc) in the house. If you have to work a little bit at it sometimes you eat less.

As far as the depression, there is no shame in asking for help. If you are not currently taking anti-depressents talk to your dr. about taking some. If you are currently on them talk to your prescribing dr. about other options. It is very easy to get depressed after major surgery. I know I battle depression so I started taking them immediately after surgery.

Sherri
Unread 03-11-2007, 04:00 PM
I can't stop eating

Are you still on pain meds? They make you have the munchies also! I know its hard. I had lost so much weight after the surgery now I am putting it right back on. I have tried to get more fruits and veggies to munch on. Or light stuff like rice cakes. They taste like cardboard but they help me to put down the butterfingers and m&ms!!! Hangin there. I feel your saddness and I am sorry. Take walks if you feel up to it!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-11-2007, 04:23 PM
I can't stop eating

I get the urge to eat too because of the pain meds and the emotional roller coaster. My dr. told me to eat lots of protein. I find when I do that, I feel better, and I don't want to munch as much. He also told me it helps with healing.
Unread 03-11-2007, 08:17 PM
I can't stop eating

Thank you everyone for your replies. I will make an appointment to talk things over with my family physician.
Unread 03-12-2007, 04:25 PM
I can't stop eating

I had convinced myself that if I had the surgery I would lose the 20 lbs I've gained over the past few years! LOL! Of course, it was just rational to get me in and have it done, but heck, I figured 5 lbs or so for the uterus and fibroids, half a pound for blood loss, 10 lbs for stopping the birth controll pills I had been on to control the bleeding, and 4.5 because of the pre op prep and clear liquids!

No such luck....I too have been sitting home, bored, and eating way too much. And now, those sneaky girl scouts have just deposited boxes of fat pills to my very door! I have decided that I'll worry about it when I'm up and around and back to my routine, but until then, I'm trying to eat nuts and fruits instead of cookies and candy.

I hope you feel better. Take care of yourself! It was great you loss the 75 - but this is a special time to pamper yourself.
Unread 03-12-2007, 06:55 PM
I can't stop eating

Ginger, you've helped me to put everything into perspective. Thank you. I'll worry about weight when I'm feeling better.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register