Anyone with Rosacea? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Anyone with Rosacea? Anyone with Rosacea?

Unread 12-01-2007, 10:56 PM
Anyone with Rosacea?

I was wondering if anyone out there also had Rosacea and how it acted up after your hysterectomy.

I have had it that I know of for about two years - usually more the burning hot feeling on my face/neck/upper chest/upper arms - but also get bouts of tiny little pimples on my face with some redness.

Well, now I have the tiny pimples all over my face and they have been there for a few weeks now. Was just wondering what others might have dealt with - if it seemed to get worse/better after your hysterectomy, etc.

Thanks!

Mariann
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-02-2007, 02:53 AM
Anyone with Rosacea?

I got rosacea. Not much, and I was surprised because no one else in my family has it. I got it about the same time as the fibroids starting growing but I suppose that it got worse due to repeated several days´stay and work in cold environment (around 20 F, in the woods). It actually got better after the hysterectomy. I have almost none now, probably because I´m taking better care of my (earlier perfect) complexion. The little I have I cover with makeup (colored foundation). I haven´t tried the products made for rosacea. I had a facial (for the first time in my life) which helped and avoid perfumed products.
Unread 12-02-2007, 09:54 AM
Anyone with Rosacea?

I have rosacea also. I haven't noticed a change in it since my hyst. I don't have the pimples, just the occassional flushing on my face. I was on anti-b's a few years ago, but stopped taking it because I didn't see any change and didn't like taking an anti-b everyday.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-03-2007, 11:01 PM
Anyone with Rosacea?

My rosacea (pimples only no redness) went nuts right after the hyster. My skins has calmed down now due to some topical creme and I have an upcoming appointment at the derm.

Regards...
Unread 12-04-2007, 07:28 AM
Anyone with Rosacea?

I have been seeing a dermatologist for about 4 years now... no explanation why it showed up..no family history... I have been using a prescription cream on my face the entire time and occasionally anti-biotics during flare ups. I haven't seen any worsening since my surgery (TAH/BSO 10/26) and am hoping that it is somehow connected to hormonal balance... I am using HRT and waiting to see if it is affected at all.
Unread 12-04-2007, 07:32 AM
Anyone with Rosacea?

I've heard that Vicks Vapor Rub can help. But only if used sparingly.
If you use too much, it could make the condition worse.
Unread 12-05-2007, 09:55 PM
Anyone with Rosacea?

I had this condition sixteen years ago. Like one of the posters said, no history of it in my family. I think mine was brought on by extreme stress. I went to a dermatologist and had to take antiobiotics and have a special antibiotic cream to put on my face. I also had to avoid the sun and not eat spicy foods. I was miserable!! So I feel for you.

I would suggest that you go to a dermatologist that's probably the best route to take. (JMHO)
Unread 12-05-2007, 10:33 PM
Anyone with Rosacea?

I had gone to the dermatologist - a few times. Personally I think the stuff to put on my face was annoying as anything and burned like crazy and just made my skin more irritated...so I stopped it. My skin really wasn't looking bad at all. As I said I usually only would get the burning burning burning symptom - not pimples except once before - and just once in a while a little redness. Mainly the burning was the thing that was hard to deal with as it felt as if hot oil splattered onto my skin and I couldn't get it off.

There is also no rosacea in my family and, as with lots of conditions - there is no familial connection - it just happens.
Unread 12-07-2007, 02:33 PM
Anyone with Rosacea?

I also have rosacea. My grandfather had it and my brother has it also. Not really pimples so much, just a lot of flushing/blushing. I had learned to accept my "rosy" cheeks, but after surgery I have been very pale. Asked doctor if I lost "rosy" cheeks due to surgically induced menopause, because it started with puberty. She said no that I am pale due to blood loss from surgery. Red blood cells numbers were down but not low enough to be too concerned with. She said that it takes about three months for your body to recover from blood loss, anesthesia, etc.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register