Doctors release | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Doctors release Doctors release

Unread 05-07-2008, 10:56 AM
Doctors release

I post this on the recovery thread but was wondering about this.
My doctor won't even concider a release for me to return to work for 6 weeks. He told me this BEFORE he knew what type of job I had or how I would recover from surgery.
My sister works in a gyno office and told me dont even ask for an early one. If you do and you return to work or doing things to fast some insurances will refuse to pay any follow up medical care.
Has anyone else been told this or heard this?
It so strange the point of views doctors have on this I know my doctor is very strict on dos and dont to the point I feel silly reading some of these post. But like others have said I have one chance to heal correctly and Im going to do exactly what the doctor says.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-07-2008, 01:10 PM
Doctors release

I was told by several people, DR, office mates, and insurance company. If i return before the six weeks is over I would have to file a new claim and hope it would be approved. I am lucky that after all those years of paying for short term disability insurance I am now reaping the benifits, 6 weeks full pay. So take the advice and stick it out. As you say we have only one shot of recovery.
Unread 05-07-2008, 01:56 PM
Doctors release

Some insurance companies are very complicated when it comes to this. If you go to work and do something that henders your recovery and you need to be treated for it, you would most likely have to file it as a work related incident because it happened at work. Regular insurance company will say that it is work related, workers comp is going to say it was preexisting because it's related to the surgery. So both insurances will most likely deny the claim, and you're the one stuck footing the bill. Could be very expensive if it requires a corrective surgery. You're dr is just looking out for you.

I was able to go back to work at 1 week post op. This was discussed with my dr prior to surgery. The heaviest thing I lift each day is the phone. The boss and I were both under strict orders that I could come and go as I felt like it. I didn't have the option of collecting short term disability because this is an expense that I have to pay out of pocket. I actually let it lapse because I had quit my job last September and was asked to return at the beginning of February.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-08-2008, 12:38 PM
Doctors release

Towens, is itstrange for me to wonder why I was told I could return to a physical job at four weeks after your statement? It really makes me think. I have been feeling good most days, as long as I don't do much. Also what I do at home and what I do at work do not compare. This really makes me think once again.
I am so glad I have this board. I will have a lot to ask my Dr at my four week appointment, the day before I am to go back.
Unread 05-08-2008, 01:35 PM
Doctors release

luv I to am thankful for this site. It answers alot of questions and makes you concider things you havent thought of yet.
Please do talk with your doctor if you have concerns on returning. I have 2 sisters who have had the bladder sling surgery and one of them a partial hysto. both were told simular things to what my doctor told them. One of them works for a gyno. She says the biggest complications women have from hystos is returning to normal activity too soon. sometimes the complications arent even noticed till later when major repair is required.
The other sister is one that went back to work too soon with pressure from her boss and shear boredom at home. She ended up having 2 surgeries to repair damage. one requiring her to wear a catheter at home doing the self catherizations as needed later on. She still has to on occasion and its been 3 years.
I'm doing what my doctor says, going by how my body feels and to heck with those that feel Im just being a big baby about it. I would rather someone think Im being lazy than to not heal correctly
Unread 05-08-2008, 01:58 PM
Doctors release

Someone posted in another spot they got the release at three weeks, and I am worried about four???????
I am just worried about going back and having a little darling run at me swinging and hitting my tummy. Or having to lift one of the heavy ones. Yes I work with kids "with issues".
Well I guess one day at a time and i will see what the Dr says.
Thanks again
Unread 05-08-2008, 02:27 PM
Doctors release

They call me the Queen of Lazy at my house!! I love it and I feel I deserve it~~~I told my DH it is all about me for 8 weeks if not longer
Unread 05-08-2008, 03:27 PM
Doctors release

I went back @ 5 weeks & two days. I did pressure my Dr. but, I have a desk job. My Job was concerned about liability if I returned too soon so, they were very surprised that I came back a couple of days early. I miss being home but was feeling useless. I am glad I am back but, came back to Drama. I have my six-week post op tomorrow. Until then I still can't lift more than ten pounds, vaccum (My DH Does NOT Vaccume) it's killing me and probably be intimite with my hubby again.. Tomorrow could be a GREAT night.....
Unread 05-08-2008, 04:50 PM
Doctors release

I just keep going back the the thing that people say well you had the "easy" surgery so you should be back sooner. Or you look good so why are you still out. Just because my husband drove me to the store and is pushing the cart so we can get a few things does not mean I am healed. I rest after the outings.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register