brown rancid discharge 6 weeks post op | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

brown rancid discharge 6 weeks post op brown rancid discharge 6 weeks post op

Unread 07-21-2012, 05:35 AM
brown rancid discharge 6 weeks post op

hi ladies, i am six weeks post op and have been loving this site as it kept my panic in check when i read other ladies were going through what i was. i have had a brown discharge since week 3 and it was a little at a time and did not smell and having checked in on the forums i was not worried but have kept an eye and a sniff on it. on monday (week six) there was a lot more of the discharge by tuesday it was smelly (rancid) also i have pain on my right side when i move, luckily my six week check up was on thursday at fist the doc thought it was just bruising on the inside but then she caught the whiff and she put me on antibiotics for a week and i have to see her next friday to see what is going on.
has anyone else come across this if so what was the result?
orla
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-21-2012, 08:00 AM
Re: brown rancid discharge 6 weeks post op

Sounds like an infection. The smell gives them away.

Keep an eye on it and take your temperature every day until you are sure the antibiotics are working.

Hopefully this is a little bump in the road to recovery!
Unread 07-21-2012, 08:16 AM

I went for my almost 6 week post op check lady week. My gyn told me that my internal stitches where still there but breaking down He said then I will have a discharge and it cold be with blood and a smell. He also said I could have some pain with this also but if it gets worse then normal to call the office to be seen. Mine has stayed the same after a few days. I do not have the spotting anymore but the discharge I still have. If it is not any better for you then I would call your gyn just to let them know what you are experienceing.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-21-2012, 07:56 PM

Well I will hopefully find out on Friday what is going on and with any luck by then the infection ( if that is the cause)will be gone. I will update here on friday
Orla
Unread 07-29-2012, 02:37 AM

Hi ladies I went back to the doctor on friday and she said everything looked good the nasty brown discharge went away with the antibiotics .i have a yellowish discharge now but she said that was fine and it is not an offensive smell . From what I now gather discharges are a normal part of healing but if there is a bad smell (I mean one that you can smell even when you are dressed )then you need to get checked for an infection. I will however keep an eye and a nose to my discharge .
Thanks again for the site it is brill
Unread 07-29-2012, 06:40 AM

I woke up with heavier discharge and pain (no smell) this morning (5 wks post op) and kinda freaked. So glad I saw this thread. I'm taking it easy today and assuming it's the stitches breaking down. Whew. Thank you!

I'm glad the abx seemed to clear up yours!!!
Unread 07-29-2012, 07:04 AM

Yes I think the smell and the quantity of the discharge is the key if the discharge Is slight and brown/ yellow and not offensive it seems to be ok but if iit becomes heavier and offensive smelling then you need the doctor. I have also found any discharge will have a slight smell some you would have to sniff to smell it . The infection I had there was no having to sniff I could smell it through my pad,pants,abd pj bottoms

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register