Lupron | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Unread 12-01-2003, 06:41 PM
Lupron

If anyone had lupron injections with good affects, and unfortunately still had to have a hysterectomy, How do the two compare? I was on Lupron for 9 months and felt great!! No pain, no bleeding, some minor dryness. Dr. did not want to keep me on it too long, now we are talking hysterectomy. If the two are the same (after the healing process) I would like to hear from you.
Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-01-2003, 09:38 PM
Lupron

My doctor told me that after the second shot of Lupron that it can start to steal the calcium that is stored in your bones. Therefor, in my case a hysterectomy was dicussed and done on 11-6-03. My surgery was scheduled to January 5 but due to the side effects (which were terrible) the doc moved it up. Or else I would be in pain (on a scale of 7 or 8) daily. From what I am told from the doctor the Lupron is only for temporary use until surgery is schedule. I was told that using Lupron would help me to build back up my blood count (anemia) before surgery.
Hope this helps.
Much love
Dori from NM
Unread 12-01-2003, 09:52 PM
Lupron

I was givin a Lupron shot on 9-9-03 to stop my bleeding long enough to get my blood count back to a normal level. I had a 2 unit blood transfusion on 9-11. I continued to bleed till late Sept. I wasnt ever supposed to have a period again but one snuck in a week or so before surgery... it was real light. Im sure the Lupron was the cause of the period being so light.

IM 2 weeks post op and SO glad its all behind me now!
All I have left to do is finish recovering

Good luck
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-02-2003, 12:48 PM
Lupron

Hi Sherry,

My situation is the reverse to yours. I had my hysto and the Doc found 3-4"of endo on my bowel and she wants me to start Lupron therapy to shrink the endo. (Have already had two laps for endo...didn't know how bad it progressed.) You are only the 2nd person I know who had something positive to say about Lupron...so I am going to wait and see if the nastiness I was experiencing prior to surgery returns before I even consider this drug.

So...I can only comment on the TAH; I have to say, I would definitely do it again. My energy level is already better than prior to surgery and I won't have any more long visits from Aunt Flo..woohoo. (My discharge ended yesterday - 5 weeks post-op). I would have to say the worst part of the whole experience was when I become constipated about two weeks after my surgery. I had to go to urgent care and the Doc advised fleet enema and/or suppositories....not my fav thing to do. Other than this unpleasantness, my experience has been good.

Take care of yourself
Unread 12-02-2003, 10:24 PM
Lupron

Hi Sherry,

First off, I'm sorry you're having to go through this! I was on Lupron for 2 months prior to my hyst as my blood levels were so low from heavy bleeding immediate surgery wasn't an option.

I had hot flashes, but no other really bad side effects. Although I kept my ovaries, I am now experiencing hotflashes/night sweats (I'm 46, so not a huge surprise) an am taking Estrace which is helping a lot.

I hope this helps!

Hugz,

Lynda
Unread 12-02-2003, 11:05 PM
Lupron

hi Gustogal,I had my hyst over a year ago and kept my ovaries.Now they no longer make enough estrogen so my doc suggested I go on Hrt.Do you experience any weight gain or side affect on Estrace.?

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register