6 week check up and bad news - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

6 week check up and bad news 6 week check up and bad news

Unread 04-19-2006, 09:41 PM
6 week check up and bad news

Hey there,
sorry you feel bad, but glad dh made points with you.

For sore muscles, try ice for 20 min then follow with the heating pad. It really helps me.

I see all these people doing all these things and feel really lazy. My husband will not let me do anything. I do get to use my laptop to do my graphic design job, but that's it. Of course I have not found a very comfy way to sit to work.

take care
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-20-2006, 02:29 AM

Sorry for your setback Dee52

We all know it's hard to sit back when we think that we can at least do this or do that. But listen to your body and take it easy now. You definately don't want another set-back. Hope you and DH work things out.

and
Unread 04-20-2006, 09:00 AM

SO happy you got to talk to your sons and tha t DH went above and beyond and even got cider! take care!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-20-2006, 09:19 AM

Hi Dee52,
I am so sorry about your news, but am glad that your hubby came through for you. I use a cream called 'Biofreeze" from my chiropracter for my pulled muscles. Also, Ice the area for 20 min. each hour. I have Rheumatiod Arthritis & cant take ibuprophen, but when I could I took 800-1200mgs along with biofreeze (& ICE) and that really helped. I currently take celebrex when I need a little extra pain relief. My Gyn put me on celebrex in the hospital to control my swelling after my complete hyst.

EVERYONE I have talked to has told me to do NO lifting, pushing things with my legs, anything that will cause my abdomen to tense up for 6 weeks.I am OCD on my house being clean, but my husband has come through for me there. The thing that frustrates me, Is I physically CAN"T do the things that I just naturally do. There is only so much TV and books can do. I did venture out to Walmart yesterday, but didn't lift anything over 1/2 gallon size & that made me feel better. I also have school age kids and have to run them around in the afternoons, which gets me out of the house, but I am still VERY tired by about 4 pm everyday. I am only 3 weeks out. Good luck sister. I hope your muscle heals. Call a chiropracter or physical therapist in your area & see if they have any biofreeze. It is well worth the investment.
Unread 04-20-2006, 03:19 PM

Well I did not get my hot fudge sundae,husband did not come home from work till 9:30,and he has physical job,been around 90 degrees here,so did not ask him to get me one,but it was on the tip of my tongue. Can your husband go to the store for me,ha! ha!
Unread 04-20-2006, 05:04 PM

I am so sorry about your pulled muscle! I know how you feel about doing too much. I was doing really good the first 3 weeks then went waaay overboard this past two. I am hurting in the low pelvic area and have several very tender spots on my tummy.

I hope you get better fast and that all the other stresses will calm down now, obviously your hubby is a good guy. Hang in there!
Betts
Unread 04-20-2006, 05:24 PM

Am depressed tonight ... guess I'm lonely too.

I don't like it when I don't talk to or see DH and today is one of those days. I miss my sons and I miss being 'normal' whatever that is. I guess I miss my youth .. when I was healthy and thin and had loads of energy and could run around to do whatever I wanted to.

I miss my sisters and right now I'm not talking to them because they just don't understand me ... and I have no emotional energy to explain.

I miss my mom and dad ... both died of cancer within a year of each other.

I feel that DH sees all these young healthy thin girls everyday and I'm depriving him of a fun life .... and I really wanna be that fun person for him and for me.

Sorry, probably just having a pity party ... or it's hormones, all I know is that I'm just really sad ... and today when I went outside to get some fresh air and sunshine, as I was sitting there, all these old memories came flooding back and it overwhelmed me.

My tummy hurts tonight and no matter what I've taken today, nothing is helping. I wonder if I should take the Darvocette I have left over?

I live in a subsidized apt. complex with disabled and elderly ... when I was SLOWLY walking up the sidewalk today ... suddenly I felt old and I got so scared that this pain and discomfort will never go away and I'm changed forever.

On a good note: I drew a few really funky characters today ... someday want to have them embroidered on items such as shirts, etc. I also am going to have another one of them thar hot fudge sundaes by golly!

And ya know what? I'm gonna LOAD the hot fudge on!

So glad I can just come on here and let it all out.

By the way: I'm in upstate, NY ....

Hugs,
Dee
Unread 04-20-2006, 05:34 PM

Hey Dee,

I have been really sad today too. It was a year ago yesterday that I had lost my first baby, and then lost a second in September. That has been on my mind and bringing out other thoughts too. My toddler doesn't come to me for much, she asks her big sister. Today when I was out (overdoing it, trying to be a normal mom for my kids) She wanted my friend and wouldn't let me hold her hand or do anything for her. It made me so sad. Just about anything could make me cry right now!

I was even thinking that my mom and sister don't really care too much about me anymore...I think we are on the same wavelength huh? LOL

I haven't thought of sundaes yet, but I am thinking of a big ol' bowl of popcorn and some chocolate candy.

Hang in there sister!! I am going to go take a shower but will try and pop on here later. Just pretend you and I and any of the other sundae eatin' sisters are having a pj party tonight!

Betts
Unread 04-20-2006, 05:38 PM

Oh Dee, just my non-medical opinion, but I don't think the darvocet would hurt, it might not help, but it won't hurt.

You can take the motrin and darvocet together. Some good advice I got on here is to alternate the motrin and darvocet every two hours, so that you keep ahead of the pain.

Again, don't do anything you aren't comfortable with, check with your dr. if you need to.

Betts
Unread 04-21-2006, 10:53 AM

I hope things get better for you. I understand the emotions being crazy right now...it's got to be hormonal. I am so tired and cry easily and I have my ovaries. Maybe they are still asleep. Anyways, enjoy your sundaes Take care

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register