HOT FLASHES ALREADY 5 days post op ???? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

HOT FLASHES ALREADY 5 days post op ???? HOT FLASHES ALREADY 5 days post op ????

Unread 04-09-2013, 12:13 PM
HOT FLASHES ALREADY 5 days post op ????

Hi, is it possible that I am already having hot flashes only 5 days after my surgery? I had my ovaries removed also but was still getting regular, but painful periods at age 56. I never started menopause but had severe cervical stenosis being the reason for my hyst. just wondering........
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-09-2013, 12:30 PM
Re: HOT FLASHES ALREADY 5 days post op ????

Some ladies get symptoms as soon as they wake up post op, others seem to have some stored so it takes longer. But once the ovaries are gone, you're in surgical menopause. It can be intense. I hope you have a menopause plan ready to fall back on.
Unread 04-09-2013, 02:56 PM

Hi, I am hoping I still have some hormones stored even though my ovaries are gone so that I can ease into surgical menopause. Hopefully I will have an easy transition like my mom and sister. Thanks for your input!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-09-2013, 03:12 PM

I had a LAVH 7 days ago. I did not have my ovaries removed, but I have been experiencing hot flashes for the past several days. From what I have been reading, even without having your ovaries removed and just having your uterus gone can trigger some symptoms of menopause, including hot flashes! I did not know that could happen, but it seems that many women (especially those who do have their ovaries removed) begin to experience the symptoms very rapidly, so 5 days would not seem odd at all. Hopefully you can get some relief quickly! It might be a good idea to contact your doctor if you do not have a hormone replacement plan yet and just see what your options are. Best Wishes!!
Unread 04-10-2013, 06:05 AM

Thank you, for your input! Good luck to you too !!!
Unread 04-10-2013, 07:18 AM

Hi butterflyclara, I am 2weeks post op after having a TAH BSO at 34y.o and noticed severe menopause symptoms on day 5 too. Hot flushes and extreme moodiness and agitation. I was given 1mg dose of estrogen to start which I was told I could double if the symptoms were severe. I did it and it immediately stopped the hot flushes and I felt human again! Not sure if you are able to go on hrt or not but a low dose may be enough to help, maybe ask you doctor as it really helped me. Good luck
Unread 04-10-2013, 10:10 AM

Hey Rain78! Thanks for your input. I have been having regular monthly, but painful, periods right up until my surgery but I was hoping I still had some stored up hormones but guess they are gone with my ovaries. I am not taking anything yet, I will see how I feel. I am not moody or anything just sweating at night only. It was very warm the last 2 nights so that may have been why too. Oh well, good luck to you and I wish you the best!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register