My third week post hysterectomy | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

My third week post hysterectomy My third week post hysterectomy

Unread 07-30-2014, 06:49 AM
My third week post hysterectomy

Tomorrow will be three weeks since my surgery .There is not too much pain just soreness .My incision looks good , I clean 2x a day wth hydro peroxide and baby powder.Last night I slept 5 hours straight , hard find a comfortable position .I walked a little further yesterday and trying to do more activity each day. I am so bored wth LT movies I think I seen everyone lol
I have foul odor from day one and can't figure it out.Could it be stitches in side or what I thought was the strips but took off last week.
I take it one day at a time.
I hope everyone is doing good
Downing67
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-30-2014, 09:17 AM
Re: My third week post hysterectomy

It sounds like you are doing great, that's awesome. This is my third week too but I'm not feeling that good. I have a back pain, pelvic and anal area in pain. Can't sleep because if it. Last couple if days had been horrible.
I hope this will pass soon.
I'm glad you are feeling good.
Unread 07-30-2014, 09:25 AM

I am so sorry to hear you are not feeling good.Are you getting up and trying to walk around ?My belly still sore .Did you have total hystroctomy ?Was it lyproscopic or c-section cut.Maybe you should call you doctor just be on safe side.
I will be here if want to talk
Good luck,
Downing67
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-30-2014, 09:33 AM

Hi, I am 3 weeks post op today LAVH - I have been doing good up until last night, started bleeding vaginally slightly which has me a bit nervous. Almost feel discomfort as if I am having a cycle, did not think that was possible anymore. I started sleeping on my left side 3 nights ago with a pillow between my knees, I have slept quite well. Placed a call to the dr - hoping it is nothing serious.
Unread 07-30-2014, 09:39 AM

Stacemitch6,
I am sorry to hear you are experiencing some bleeding it could be due to maybe increased activity .I would call the doctor too to ease your mind.I have not experience any signs of that. Good luck
Keep me in touch
Downing67
Unread 07-30-2014, 04:20 PM
My third week post hysterectomy

Downing67 - thanks for your comment. I heard from my dr - bleeding is possible with increased activity, as long as it is not a constant flow this is normal. With 4 kids, youngest being 2, and the other 3 in sports I suppose I may have thought feeling good was a sign I was able to do more. This momma plans to take it easy a bit longer. Thanks!
Unread 07-30-2014, 06:07 PM

Staciemitch6,
That is good news. Now take a easy.
Downing67
Unread 07-30-2014, 08:32 PM

I too am three weeks post-op today. I have been so nauseous. Has anyone else experienced that? Today, I feel like my insides are going to fall out. Does anyone else feel like this?
Unread 07-30-2014, 09:09 PM

My surgery was 7/11 and I feel like I have had an increase in tummy trouble this week - more food sensitivity, more bloating/gas, shoulder gas pain. These symptoms have been on and off since surgery but are exaggerated this week. I don't feel like my insides are going to fall out but I get a strange, achy pain down there. As long as it's nothing constant, I guess it's ok.
Unread 07-31-2014, 01:30 AM

Mine was on July 11th too, and I got nauseous today...how funny. Mine could be my gallbladder though, as I have to get it removed once I am healed enough from this!

Otherwise, I feel pretty good. I've been driving, going to the store, and doing minor things around the house. I do not lift or pull, and I do rest thruout the day, my post op appt isn't until 4 weeks, though.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register