3 weeks post hysterectomy and suddenly bleeding again fresh red blood and pain on and off | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

3 weeks post hysterectomy and suddenly bleeding again fresh red blood and pain on and off 3 weeks post hysterectomy and suddenly bleeding again fresh red blood and pain on and off

Unread 12-26-2014, 09:40 AM
3 weeks post hysterectomy and suddenly bleeding again fresh red blood and pain on and off

Is this normal to suddenly start bleeding bright red blood at 3 weeks post op?

I felt I had overdone it a couple of days ago-but nothing that I thought would cause this bleeding. Just doing light jobs but for most of the day.

Slightly concerned by this. I have been suffering awful bowel pain since the op and bladder stinging due to the raw area of stitches.
Went for check up two days ago when i told him my bleeding had stopped.

If anyone can give any advice on this I'd be grateful!

Thanks and merry Xmas!
Lilyella xx
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-26-2014, 12:28 PM
Re: 3 weeks post hysterectomy and suddenly bleeding again fresh red blood and pain on and off

lilyella sometimes around weeks three or four there's some bleeding as stitches start to dissolve or fall out. Sometimes the bleeding is a sign that you may be overdoing things and slowing down or resting slows it down or stops it. A lot of time we think that we are not doing too much but what we think is a little and what our healing bodies think of as a little are usually two different things.So we have to go with what our healing bodies want. If the bleeding is not heavy, I would try resting and see if that works, if not I would give the doctor a call.

Unread 12-27-2014, 02:20 AM
Re: 3 weeks post hysterectomy and suddenly bleeding again fresh red blood and pain on and off

Thanks for your advice
I did nothing but rest yesterday and so far this morning just got my breakfast and will shower, dress etc then l will be on the sofa all day.
The bleeding has been a steady flow since yesterday lunch time, but not soaking completely through an entire pad.
I will hope it eases off today if not call my doc- its the worse time to try and get hold of anyone over this holiday period!

Thanks again
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-27-2014, 03:13 AM

I thought my spotting had stopped but at about 3 weeks it suddenly started again, and was bright red. I was concerned (and of course, it was the weekend) so I took it very easy for the next 2 days. I napped in bed, watched movies laying on the couch and made easy dinners. The spotting did ease up after a few days. In retrospect, this was likely my stitches dissolving as ((wandatd)) mentioned above. Hopefully this is the case for you too, but if your bleeding seems unusual or you're worried please call your doctor.
Unread 12-27-2014, 03:17 AM
3 weeks post hysterectomy and suddenly bleeding again fresh red blood and pain on and off

They told me I would drain for a but but to call if ut turned bright red.. did you find out anything? Mine was a little more today after 4 hour car ride but not enough to worry about.
Unread 12-27-2014, 03:34 AM

Hello there
It was about the third week for me when I restarted to bleed too. I didn't soak through any pad and was having lower back pain. I ended up having a bladder infection and given antibiotics.
Unfortunately, even the littlest thing we do can be too much. We tend to 'rush' into it and try to do what we usually do. We are all different as we heal but it sounds to me that you probably over did it...bright red discharge is the big clue. don't wait, go and get it checked out...even at an ER...if you feel that is extreme not sure if you have some sort of Urgent care where they can perform simple urine test and blood work to quickly diagnosis your symptoms ....just think what advice you would give a friend or relative...somehow, we always give great advice to others but never listen to our own needs...
It is a very busy time of year but you are still healing. YOU need to do what is important for you. Don't feel embarrassed about your concern. If you have any concerns, you should be able to seek out consultation at any level you need.
Sending you best wishes
Unread 12-27-2014, 05:24 AM

Thank you all so much for your replies.

I called my hospital this morning who contacted the consultant. He said that as long as the bleeding stays as it is, he's not concerned about it. He said something about bruising at the top of the vagina? Don't think I got the full message! But anyhow if the bleeding gets any heavier he will come and see me at the hospital tonight or tomorrow whenever required.

So I am happy with that, I will rest and hope it settles
Unread 12-27-2014, 05:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyella9 View Post
Thank you all so much for your replies.

I called my hospital this morning who contacted the consultant. He said that as long as the bleeding stays as it is, he's not concerned about it. He said something about bruising at the top of the vagina? Don't think I got the full message! But anyhow if the bleeding gets any heavier he will come and see me at the hospital tonight or tomorrow whenever required.

So I am happy with that, I will rest and hope it settles
Glad that you talked to your doctor. Rest today. Think about what you normally consider as just a little and do 10 times less Prayerfully the bleeding will ease. If it increases do not hesitate to call your doctor back. in there sweetie

Unread 12-27-2014, 09:25 AM

Hello Lilyella. I'm also 3 weeks post op LAH and I'm having the same issue only I've never had any spotting or discharge at all and it scared me to see the blood.
I've been feeling really good nearly no pain at all just tenderness at my incisions and when having bms but i think i may have been overdoing it as well around the house because I stretched up to reach for something and twisted also and felt an immediate sting of burning pain and pulling sensation at my right incision. It didn't go away but faded to a dull ache and then i did sit down and rest but the next morning when i went to the restroom there was bright spotting. It's not heavy but enough too cover a panty liner. It's been only two days. I'm totally resting now not doing anything. I'll call the dr if it gets heavier since I'm not feverish or in bad pain. I saw your last post and hope that it's just rest I need as well!
Unread 12-27-2014, 09:56 AM

Girls I had bright red fresh bleeding off and on during weeks three, four, and five. Dr made me feel crazy and that it was not possible. I ended up having a hematoma that kept feeling up and rupturing causing horrible bleeding. He missed it during ultrasound and played it off as a cyst. Please recheck with your doctor bringing up this concern and go to a different one if they don't listen. Please!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register