Sisters and Daughters - A Special message for you | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Closed Thread

Sisters and Daughters - A Special message for you Sisters and Daughters - A Special message for you

Unread 05-02-2005, 08:47 PM
Sisters and Daughters - A Special message for you

Posted on our message boards in May of 2001, the following words authored by Susan captivated our hearts. Susan's thoughts provided us a way to express ourselves as we all celebrate together as Sisters.

Although four years have passed and much in our lives may have changed, I thought it fitting and an honor to reach back and enjoy once more:

Quote:
Today is a very sad day for many of our sisters. It represents what they will never have or never be. My heart breaks for each and every one of you. As much as this day is for the Mothers of this world, I submit that we are all Mothers of this earth, Daughters under our Higher Power, and Sisters by choice.

We are sisters who have held each others hands, comforted each other, reached inside the very soul of each other & given the strength and joy to carry on through a very difficult time in our lives. Below is a quote from Naomi Brutke from her poem "Sisterhood"

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The community of women gathered round,
formed a circle of hope that put
men...and death...to shame.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Women are the nurturers of this planet. Yes, many of us nurture children, both our own and those of other women. We also nurture all of life.

Whether we take care of a child, develop a career, tend to plants, or grow dreams, we are all nurturing Sisters and Daughters of our planet. We make a difference with every tear we dry, every hand we hold, every joy we share, every hope we bring to fruition. Heather Heizman once said "Shared grief is half the sorrow, but happiness when shared, is doubled. If you want to feel rich, just count all of the things you have that money can't buy." It is a common trait we all share as nurturing, loving women.

To all members of this website, the sisters and daughters of this world, I propose that today be Sisters and Daughters Day. No matter where you are and what you've done in your lives, you've made a difference. You've loved, you've nurtured, you've befriended, you've given hope, you've shown strength, you've led by example, and you've made a difference.

Happy Sisters and Daughters Day to each and every one of you.
We ask that all Mother's Day posts be added only to the Friends Without Faces Chatter forum. Enjoy your day celebrating as Sisters and Daughters.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register