Adenomyosis....New | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Options and Alternatives

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Adenomyosis....New Adenomyosis....New

Unread 10-08-2009, 08:20 PM
Adenomyosis....New

Hi. I am sorta new. I have had an endometrial ablation, Novasure that was done in 2005. I now know I have adenomyosis. The ablation took care of the bleeding, but now I am crampy a lot of the time and my periods are VERY irregular! My doctor has recommended that I have the partial hysterectomy laperascopic. (LSH?) I am sore from the exam I had today and very nervous/scared about possibly having surgery. I thought I was ready to have this done with, but noooo I was wrong and am freaking out. :-( Any advice?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-09-2009, 03:18 PM
Re: Adenomyosis....New

I just wanted to let you know, you're not alone. I just found out on monday that I have adenomyosis. I'm not a candidate for progesterone or an IUD, so a hyst. is the only way to go if I want relief. I'm terrified. BUT, I'm anxious to not deal with this pain anymore. I guess after 2 c/sections, I'm a little more prepared to deal with more surgery... I'd rather not get cut open, but I also want to be happy and healthy again. I'm all over the board with my emotions, I guess what I'm trying to say is, expect to go back and forth several times, being okay with it, then being scared, etc. It was the same with my second c/section... I think it has a lot to do with waiting and knowing what is gonna happen, your imagination and your emotions get the best of you. It might almost be easier if it was an emergency and you didn't have time to think about everything, kwim?
Unread 10-12-2009, 08:40 AM
Re: Adenomyosis....New

I was dxed with adeno last year. I was given only a 50% chance of relief with IUD but told the ablation was a waste of my time and money. We didn't have the money for the IUD so I've been biding my time. Things are only worse a year later...

I don't know what to tell you other than you need to be sure. Talk to everyone you can, read lots of posts here (I have over the last year!) and get all the info you can.

For me it was about time and energy - I gave myself another year and realized I'm ready to not be miserable. I'm hoping to find that solution when I talk to the GYN tomorrow.

hugs,

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register