Help getting run around | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Help getting run around Help getting run around

Unread 08-28-2004, 10:42 PM
Help getting run around

I have gone back and forth to the Doctors. A county hospital that do not have much funding. I live in Southern California and am on State Insurance.
HERE IS MY STORY..... ANY SUGGESTIONS
I had my surgery scheduled at one point and even had my pre op it was canceled due to insurance not having enough information. When they recieved all of my chart notes the Doctor changed his mind and gave me a Lupron shot instead. He told me if it took my pain away then I needed to have a hysterectomy done. Well it worked, it took about 3 weeks to start working. Well then the Doctor said it worked too fast and it was not possible.
I NEED HELP.... HAS ANYONE BEEN ON LUPRON OR KNOW A DR. THAT WILL TAKE MEDI-CAL AND DO MY HYSTERECTOMY????????????
I am very frustrated and want to get it done. I have lost one job and now that the lupron shot has worn off I am starting to hurt again. I can't afford to loose another job.

Thanks for listening to me.....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-29-2004, 12:52 AM
Help getting run around

Lupron worked really fast for me, but then again, I was PCOS also. My hormones dropped faster than a brick off the roof. PCOS is a difficult thing to diagnose, even harder than endo, so you may have that also if the Lupron worked fast for you. I had some insurance run arounds, but finally jumped through all the hoops needed to get it done. I started trying to get mine done in Jan 03, and ended up in having it in Sept 03. Keep trying, don't give up, it's definatley better on the other side.
hugs,
Unread 08-29-2004, 01:10 AM
Help getting run around

Thank you for the reply...
I am not sure what PCOS is, could you please tell me...
Thanks,
Nikki
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-29-2004, 01:41 AM
Help getting run around

Thanks again. I actually looked it up and I have a few of the other symptoms. I will have the clinic runa hormone test. Thanks
Unread 08-29-2004, 06:22 AM
Help getting run around

Girl I had that Lupron one time and well it was not a good experience after abou tht efirst three weeks. I can feel your pain when it comes to that. I was passing out all over the place from the pain(I'm not one who deals well with pain) Just call around to the different doctors in your area and find out who is in network for your insurance then talk to thei nurses and see who has the most experience with your particular type of problems. Then see about making an appt. That is what I had to do and it really helped me. Good Luck
Kassie
Unread 08-29-2004, 06:27 AM
Help getting run around

Hi there!

I had my first Lupron injection July 7th for suspected endometriosis. I was pretty much pain free after 4 weeks - lots of hot flashes, but nearly pain free. AND - that's pretty much what they expected, so I'm not sure why your Dr. told you it was too fast....

Good luck to you.
Jo

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register