Surgery Monday 8/13 - just not feeling well - cancel? - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Surgery Monday 8/13 - just not feeling well - cancel? Surgery Monday 8/13 - just not feeling well - cancel?

Unread 08-11-2012, 05:39 AM
Re: Surgery Monday - just not feeling well - cancel?

I agree with the other ladies...don't cancel. And as one other poster said, that if your doctor and the anesthesiologist think you are too sick or weak to have the surgery they will cancel and reschedule.

Those darn fibroids can really mess with your bowels. I remember before I had my myomectomy back in 2002, I went from one extreme to the other with the bowels. I felt awful.

Also, I don't know what type of procedure you are having for your hysterectomy, but I had a TAH and they can get a good view of what is going on inside you. Not sure if they can do this, but they might be able to see what is going on with your colon, too. It can't hurt to ask your doctor about that.

(((((Big Hugs))))) It's normal to have all these fears and the waiting is the worst part. I know it is easier said than done, but try to keep the positive thoughts flowing. Rest as much as you can, eat healthy, etc. before your surgery.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-11-2012, 05:48 AM

Do you trust your doctor? I know that I trusted my doctor, because he has been with me for the last 18+ years. I am not trying to say to not have the surgery, but you have to have faith and trust in the person performing your surgery. Your doctor is going to do what is in your best interest -health wise. He/She will make the call Monday morning if there is a need to cancel. they should also be able to help calm your fears.
Can you talk to your priest, preacher, deacon, religious leader? Hope they can also put your fears to rest. I think everyone has theirs fears and when my doctor said I had pre-cancerous cells, I just knew I wanted them out before they could turn cancerous.
Put your faith in your good doctors and your faith in GOD! Everything will be fine. Please keep us posted on your recovery!
<<<HUGS>>>
Unread 08-13-2012, 08:33 PM

Updating to say I did go through with the surgery and am on the other side now. Yay! The surgeon did DaVinci and was still able to pass my large uterus through my vagina in one piece. He credits it to the fact that both my kids were over 9lb which makes things stretchier. Also, he said once the uterus is disconnected it's sort of spongy and moldable and even though the fibroids were large, they were positioned somewhat linear rather than making my uterus round and wide.

Still will be nervous until I get the pathology report in a few weeks but doctor doen't seem concerned. He felt it went really well.

And while I'm guessing tomorrow will be the tough day once the intestines start moving, I've been off my morphine drip for 3 hours now (only had to push the "give me extra meds" blue button once and right now am existing on one Vicoden. Incisions and ribs are tender and I have what I'd call very mild menstrual-like cramps, but I feel terrific compared to how I imagined I'd feel at this time. I've been up walking several times, and the catheter came out a few hours ago and I've already urinated twice with no problems.

So praying the excellent recovery continues but so far, it's not been nearly as scary as I imagined it would be.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-13-2012, 08:44 PM

I'm so glad you went through with it. I'm jealous they had to convert to abdominal on me bc my uterus wouldn't fit. Dang it!!! Lol. I will tell I didn't realize all the issues I was having with changing in my bowel habits. Always kind of gassy, BM's haven't been normal in several years. Since they took that dang uterus out I've been having some textbook BM's even on pain meds. Lol good for you girl. Welcome to the other side.
Unread 08-13-2012, 08:50 PM

tjc,
my faith has also suffered lately, but i know God is there, even if i can't feel Him right now. do you have any good Christian music that soothes or uplifts you? i have been playing Rich Mullins's song "Ready For The Storm" for like the last couple of weeks, and it seems to not only be my prayer, but my answer as well. i go to church and can't feel anything and that is frustrating too!

sometimes its hard to see things when you're overwhelmed with the stress of what and how your body is failing you, and i think all of us have felt that way at some point! (((hugs)))) hang in there!
Unread 08-13-2012, 10:13 PM

So happy to hear you did have your surgery and all went well. Recovery can be a bit of a roller coaster ride with good days and days you feel like you've gone backwards a couple steps. Don't be discouraged and pamper yourself by resting and let others help whenever possible. I am 8-weeks post-op and feeling great and back to all activities and work. Everyone's healing time is different. You are now a Princess!! Welcome to the other side. The sisters on this site will be alongside you as you recover.
Unread 08-14-2012, 05:12 AM

I was happy to read that you had the surgery and that you already feel so good. Like others have said, rest and let people take care of you for awhile. Keep that positive attitude. See, the waiting is truly the worst!
Unread 08-14-2012, 06:01 AM

I will continue to pray for you as you recover. Welcome to the other side. The next few weeks could be very challenging with up and downs, highs and lows. Just remember to take it easy and listen to the good doctor. Take good care of yourself by letting others take care of you for a while!
<<<HUGS>>>>
Unread 08-14-2012, 06:57 AM

So happy to see your update! Glad everything went smoothly. All the best to you for a smooth & easy recovery!
Unread 08-14-2012, 07:00 AM

So glad you had your surgery. I wil say prayers for a great recovery and for good news and confort to you as you wait for pathology.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register