"Well-DH and I finally..." | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

"Well-DH and I finally..." "Well-DH and I finally..."

Unread 05-14-2006, 08:36 AM
"Well-DH and I finally..."

Okay-We finally did it!

I was a little nervous-actually I was a lot nervous. Doc gave me the okay Friday. I was going to wait until next weekend-but DH and I had such a lovely day yesterday. It was romantic talking about the "old days" when we dated in high school. He even took me to the beach for a walk on the beach last night and watched the moon. We sat and talked for a long time all curled up in a blanket.

When we got back home-I decided that it was now or never. I said-Would you like to? His face perked up like he was in High School again!

It did hurt at first. He was easy. It wasn't enjoyable to me b/c I was so nervous. I do feel a little sore this morning. When I cough, it kinda hurts again.

But I am glad that that "first time" is over with-It kinda made me think of the "first time" we ever did it! LOL I was glad to get the original "first time" over with too.

It did feel different- a lot different. Kinda weird and something we both will have to get used to!
Well-I guess things are starting to get back to normal.

Thanks for this site and your help-You all helped me get through this part (the sex part) with me b/c I was a little nervous about it!

THANKS!
Bubba~Sue

PS...now he wants to do it over and over...I said-hold up! Let me find out how often-LOL I know the answer-when I feel like it!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-14-2006, 08:58 AM

Way to go,
Hope your next time your able to relax and enjoy. And what a romantic set-up. Your lucky to have such a patient, loving dh. I was so nervous the first time back that I was afraid I wouldn't be able to enjoy, but was pleasantly suprised. After a year of no libido, dryness and little enjoyment, it seems my drive is back full force with all the perks. I haven't tried again yet as I've been a little sore from overdoing everything since my release from confinement. One day, I'm going to learn to slow down a little. Congrats on the big night and to many more to come.
Unread 05-14-2006, 09:41 AM

congrats to you and your husband!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-14-2006, 10:19 AM

congrats and wtg. We haven't been able to just yet as my body is not wanting to work with me, but I'm sure the time will come...hopefully soon!
Unread 05-14-2006, 11:50 AM

Happy for you both,,long time to wait..I am not ready and not under any pressure to be..I am remembering my honeymoon..I was so sore and swollen..I am sure it will be simular...I must say at 45 I feel happy to give my new self to my new partner..So glad I divored the x,,So greatful for my sweetheart hes the best...2 years so far.Looking forward to a healthy life with him...
Unread 05-14-2006, 12:12 PM

I sure do understand being nervous. I was sooooo scared. I kind of approached with an attitude of lets just see if everything still works. My DH was wonderful and we had a great time. I'm sure things will improve for you. Just take it easy and enjoy!
Unread 05-14-2006, 12:50 PM

I was so nervous...but ready, and really made dh happy last night to bring it up and give it a try...no problems, no difference, except for my being nervous....I was quite relieved afterwards to have my worries thrown away....whew!

Angie
Unread 05-14-2006, 02:35 PM

Congrats! What a nice romantic story! We did it for the first time yesterday - I have been nervous about it for a week. Pretty much dryness? size? different equipment? and inscision?
All in all I was too nervous to enjoy but grateful to report that there was no dryness, Hub said everything felt the same and my inscision was a little in the way. Good news about that is that should heal! =) Little bit crampy today, was a little bit of spotting - and I have had zero so that was weird. Hoping that now that the first time is over - my next report will be about fireworks! =) Take care all!
M.
tah 04/04/06 adenocarcinoma in cervix, cervix and uterus removed
Unread 05-14-2006, 05:10 PM

Yep-I am cramping a little today too. My DH was is such a good mood today-LOL

Thanks for the replies!
Bubba~Sue

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register