Joking to Get By | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Joking to Get By Joking to Get By

Unread 01-19-2001, 08:56 AM
Joking to Get By

I'm going to lose it..I'm so tired and the wait really gets me more wound up. I wonder if I'm mentally losing it?
My Dh and I lay in bed at 11p.m. and make jokes. I'm so tired, I'd offered to go to our kitty vet and have the hyst. DH chimes in "You'll have to wear one of those Elizabethian collars so you won't lick your stitches!"
(Not to gross anyone out, but we've been married almost 18 years and say and do as we please around one another..for the most part)
Then he says "Wait! You'll have to wear one around your waist, like a giant plastic skirt..won't have to see a thing!"
Even my dreams are bizarre..is this common? I feel so fed up with waiting, and miserable with flu-like syptoms 'cause I'm ovulating. Feb 5th seems SO far away. ()Thanks for letting me vent!)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-19-2001, 12:17 PM
Joking to Get By

Linda, you are sooooo funny! Loved the part about "licking your stitches"

I go a few days prior to you, so I promise to give you an update as soon as I get home.

Keep those funnies coming!

Ann
currentriver@msn.com
TAH/BSO & Hernia Repair 1/29

Unread 01-19-2001, 12:50 PM
Joking to Get By

I told somebody the other day that I was going in to be snorfleed! When my dog had this operation, she was fine in two days - nobody told her not to drive or go up stairs! But come to think of it, she did stop vacuuming right around that time!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-19-2001, 12:54 PM
Joking to Get By

Maybe if I lay in the garage on an old sleeping bag and eat kibbles 'n bits I'll heal as quickly as my dog did.
Unread 01-19-2001, 01:04 PM
Joking to Get By

Oh, I shouldn't have read your post....it still hurts (a little bit now) to laugh.

My DP and I made the same kind of jokes....if I didn't rest properly I would have to wear an Elizabethan collar...and that this was our cats revenge for getting them snorfleed and "tutored".

Also had to laugh about the warnings not to do housework for awhile...*snort*....like that's a problem! I am very good at not making eye contact with housework.

Carolyn
Unread 01-19-2001, 01:08 PM
Joking to Get By

I also had bad dreams for a week or so. About a week
prior to surgery they stopped. Acceptance must have
arrived!
Now, at 4 weeks post op I can assure you the waiting is
the worst part!
I must say that all of our friends have had a great
time teasing my husband about the six weeks afterwards
before the doctor "approves" me.
Pam
Unread 01-19-2001, 02:12 PM
Oh! Pati

I'm cracking up about how your dog stopped vacumning.
Tears are running down my face and I can't stop laughing,
everyone here wants to know whats so funny, but they're
men, they wouldn't get it, hey, but I'm the boss and I sign
the checks, I saw them looking at each other like " it must be a menopause moment"
Unread 01-19-2001, 02:48 PM
The dog did it!

I about fell over laughing! The dog vacuuming!
Gave me an idea though..during surgery I can't dust, not that I do much of it any other time..the cats can wear little dusting booties and work as they climb all over!
BTW, DH commented about some spider webs fascinating the cats..I still can't find them! Seven cats can, but I can't..maybe their tails are good for dusting too!?
This whole thread made my day, thank you ladies!!
Unread 01-19-2001, 03:28 PM
You're having your WHAT removed????

My 10 year old daughter told my 9 year old daughter the other day that, "Mom is having her udder removed". My 11 year old neice promptly corrected her and said, "No, she's having her uvula removed." All I have to say is they can take those, too, but they better not forget to take the uterus!

Patty
Unread 01-19-2001, 04:41 PM
Joking to Get By

Great thread!! You ladies made my day. After a whole week
at work training my replacement (TVH Jan 30) and reading
your funny coments first thing when I got home just made my
week. Keep the laughs coming, it helps my anxiety of the
surgery coming too fast...I'm really glad to have all my
e-sisters (I have no biological sister) to share this experience with. Take Care.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register