4 weeks today and feeling fine! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

4 weeks today and feeling fine! 4 weeks today and feeling fine!

Unread 02-18-2005, 09:01 AM
4 weeks today and feeling fine!

Hi sister princesses!
Today marks my 4 week milestone and I am feeling great! Almost seems as though I woke up with a fairly normal-feeling belly and things are progressing at a surprisingly quick pace! Went for a walk this morning and was quite impressed with how good it felt. I can't imagine how good it will feel another two weeks from now! Soon I'll be able to get back to my normal walking routine and lose some of the post-op weight I've added since not being able to move much.
Chins up girls...it only gets better from here!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-19-2005, 04:51 AM

Hi zianne;
I'm glad to hear you are feeling so well! That's wonderful!
Don't over do it though, okay? When you feel like resting, please do! Don't be surprised either if in a week or two you take a few steps backwards! It happens.
Take good care of yourself! You only get one chance to heal!

Sybie
Unread 02-19-2005, 06:33 AM

Glad you're feeling great. Seems like we both have the same surgery date and I am also feeling fine.

I haven't started my exercise walking. I had lost about 7lbs after the surgery, but it seems to be creeping back on. (Guess from all the inactivity)

I am looking forward to getting back the routine...but remember no lifting or housework for the next few weeks!!

Finally feeling free....

Mickey
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-19-2005, 08:19 AM
post op 4 weeks

Hi, it seems as if a few of shared the same op. date 21/01/05
I have jst done the first slow walk round the supermarket yesterday & came home and had to put my feet up!
I find by the end of the day i get a swelly belly & it aches then
One thing that i have been left with since surgery is a feeling of acute sensitivity across my tummy as if the nerve endings are on the surface. Has anyone else had the same?
Also i am alittle concerned if my ovaries might have gone to sleep as 3/4 times now at night i have woken up feeling very hot not sweating or drenched but enough to kick the covers off. also, maybe just coincidence but my skin has become drier.
Its good to share things, and to help each other out.

riedenise. post op 4 weeks
tah poss. due to endo
Unread 02-19-2005, 12:56 PM

sounds like your doing well. It does sound like your ovaries my be sleeping. Did you keep both?

I have been extremely fourtunate that I have not had any of the night sweats. However, once the ovaries wake up you're sure to feel like your old self. I think that is why you are still experiencing some fatigue too.

My stomach feels like it is sunburned. Could that possibly mean the nerves that you are talking about?? Also, my skin (all over) is extremely dry...

Soon....you'll feel like new!

Mickey

Unread 02-19-2005, 06:23 PM

thanks for the replies my fellow princesses. Don't worry, I don't do any heavy lifting yet and no vacuuming for at least another couple of weeks...we're in the pr ocess of getting rid of our rugs anyhow. Less dust.
I don't find that I get too sore from walking but I don't go far because I get winded faster now, at least until I can get more active and back in shape.
Bending still feels uncomfortable so I don't do it often, unless I really have no choice.
I do find that the sensitivity around the belly area is getting less and less noticable, the little twinges and pulls are pretty much gone as well. I still don't do much of any kind of housework, it's just the two of us here and DH is a great cook, so we get by fine. He cleans up the kitchen for me and today me sister came over and swept the floors, I've been fortunate that way.
Hang in there girls, we're getting better every day!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register