6 days post op ...... | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

6 days post op ...... 6 days post op ......

Unread 02-19-2005, 04:46 PM
6 days post op ......

32 yo experiencing strange feelings after 2/14 surgery. I am so sore and have a pulling pain on the left side. Sounds strange but I almost feel like my insides might be falling out. Course there is nothing hanging out. Can't sleep at night and have strange dreams when I do. Overwhelming nastiness toward others and have crying jags for no reason. Is probably? Normal? My dh is ready to send me back to the hospital. No fever or discharge bleeding or other symptons beyond the above mentioned.
Otherwise, I have had a history of endo, ovarian cysts, fibroid tumors, constant pain with or without having my period. Cramps, excessive bleeding clotting, and pain during inetrcouse. Years of BC pill, chemically induced menopause at 20 yo. (didnt work). i HAVE HAD 5 SURGERIES prior to the sah on 2/14. I have to say I already feel sooooo much better besides like i said above the healing stuff. Does anyone have any advice for a scared young newbie to this board? My dh is trying to be supportive but doesn't know how to handle all this. I have been using warm compresses over my binder. drinking lots of fluids eating healthier and have even quit smoking. Although the thought has been entertaining with all the mental stress. the pain medicarion given to me will run out this evening and i have been stretching the doses as long as possible. Will motrin be ok to take when it runs out? I think a phone call to my surgeon is warranted with alot of these questions. I am so nervous and your web site helped me in preparing for my decision to go forward with the hyst. I can and will go further in to surgical detail if anyone is interested. there were pluses/& minuses to date. God bless all the girls/ladies and women experiencing pre, post and the decision to operate. best of luck to all.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-19-2005, 05:38 PM
6 days post op ......

Sweety it will get alot better soon. I am two weeks and 3 days post op and every day gets a little better then the one before. Remember to rest alot and dont push yourself.I had alot of fear to and that makes anything worse. This board saved me alot of times when the fear would be to over whelming. Also if your concerned at all call the Drs nurse ( she will most likely be easyer to talk to then the Dr who may be really busy), and ask her if what your feeling is ok. It all sounds normal to me and your feelings are perfectly natural. Dont feel bad just cry if you wanna cry and laugh with caution hehe. Your not alone and we are all here for ya. It really helps to do something that keeps you from thinking to much like maybe some art or good movies or books,also sleep alot it helps and walk(great for moving the poos, but the cramps and spazums will be harsh for a few weeks no matter what)
Unread 02-19-2005, 05:44 PM
6 days post op ......

oops forgot one thing ( do not be afraid to ask for refills!!!!) For the first week I would take my meds as directed ( I had to call the Dr and take ibuprofin two hours after my darvecet dose because I couldnt take the vicodin without constapation that had me in tears) Ive just recently cut down on my pain meds so you see it takes time to heal. Dont feel guilty about the pain meds your not a drug abuser your in pain and its perfectly normal. My Dr told me I would most likely have to take them for three weeks on and off during the last week and then when ever I over do it and that can be 6 wks so ...DONT FEEL GUILTY!!! ok enough rant take care and let me know how your feeling.e-mail me when ever you want and maybe we cant chat on a aim or something.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register