infused uterus with colon and bladder | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

infused uterus with colon and bladder infused uterus with colon and bladder

Unread 09-15-2006, 09:12 AM
infused uterus with colon and bladder

Hello all,
I have an infused uterus with my colon & bladder. I have fibromylgia as well. I went home from having my c-section with my uterus still not shrunk enough after I had my son, after my 6 week check they gave me that cramping medicine again so that it would shrink. However I already healed with my uterus big. So hince that is why my colon, bladder & uterus have infused.
My hysterectomy is scheduled on the 25th of September 2006. I am scared. I am 34 and still want children.
I guess I am just wondering if anyone has gone thru this same thing? Anyone out there with your bladder, colon and uterus all hooked together? Man it hurts when I go #2 like razors coming out and I feel my urethra when I go getting pulled. When I go #1 I feel my rectum getting pulled. Everything is messed up in there.
Just wanted to know if there was anyone out there like me!
Thanks, And good luck to all.
Love to you all!
Kell
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-15-2006, 01:08 PM

Hi Kell,

Oh my, I only had my ovary and bowel fused together and that was painful, I can only imagine. I know this is hard to do, but you must think of the positive. Once the surgery is over.......you will not have this problem anymore. Hang in there sister.......HUGS
Unread 09-15-2006, 09:20 PM
Yikes!

That sounds painful. I too have fibro (I'm 33). I did have a tube and an ovary fused to something (can't remember) that was taken care of during my lap. I know it's tricky business when all the plumbing is glued together. A GOOD surgeon is in order for you girl!

On the fibro note - does anyone else have it and how did it affect your recovery? I might make a new thread on this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-15-2006, 09:40 PM

I can't compare with the infusion of organs, but I do have fibriods that have left me infertile and I have never had children. I read that you still want to have children and I wanted to let you know that because of my situation and wanting to be a mother so bad, we opted for adoption. We love our little girl with all of our hearts and if it wasn't for the fibriods, I would never have this beautiful Guatemalan child to call my own. There is still options after a hysterectomy to have babies.
Good luck to you on your surgery and I pray that you healing is smooth.
Unread 09-19-2006, 08:14 AM
infused girl

Hey, thank you all for you input. I heard that having fibro makes you heal slower. I was told that I would be out of work for 6 weeks, but after reading some with fibro and hyst. they say it heals slower. Is this true? Gees this will be hard with my son too. My parents are going to be a great help. of course Daddy too. I just am worried. Plus I haven't met the general surgeon. Only the doc doing the hysterectomy. weird huh.
Hope you all are doing well. Thanks again for all your imput.
Lots of hugs,
Kell (34)
Unread 09-19-2006, 09:28 PM

Hi Kell,
I had my surgery a year ago Sept. 26...
I had c-sections and had many adhesions...so surgery took awhile as the doc peeled things off each other. Also had adenomyosis.
The good news is, I could tell immediately following surgery that my back pain was GONE. Yes, I hurt from the surgery, but it was obvious to me that the other pain had disappeared.
Take the full 6 weeks - I took longer. You get one chance to heal correctly.
Now after a year I'm walking 4 miles a night, lost 35 pounds in a year, and am feeling just wonderful.
Ali

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register