How long to heal? Is three weeks enough? - Page 7 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

How long to heal? Is three weeks enough? How long to heal? Is three weeks enough?

Unread 12-03-2010, 11:42 AM
Re: How long to heal? Is three weeks enough?

I wish we could "LIKE" posts like on facebook, I would totally like yours,mell.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-03-2010, 11:45 AM

I agree, Yarn!
Unread 12-04-2010, 04:27 AM

Hi.

I know you already have a lot of responses, but I thought I would add my little bit.

I am a teacher. I am going back to work on Monday next week. (about 5 and a half weeks after TAH/BSO and adhesion removal) I thought I would be good to go back after 3 weeks. I ended up applying for 6 weeks, thinking I could always go back early. I am sooo glad I did.

This was my third abdominal excision. Previous 2 I healed really fast. I was picking up heavy babies and doing housework quickly. I also ended up with lots of adhesions which, I suspect were partly as a result of my not taking the time to heal.

The biggest problem with sitting is that you are using your stomach muscles. They get incredibly sore after a while. 5 days a week of sitting up without being able to lie down and relax your muscles will be hard going. Also, I have very sore sides. I am assuming it was from the removal of adhesions. At 5 weeks I am still tender.

Really, no one is indispensable. As much as we like to think we are essential, we really aren't. If you plan your lessons well, the kids wont notice you gone(well they will, but it wont effect their learning!) I put most of my lessons on Moodle (online learning system). It was great. I could see what kids were doing and where they were up to, and when I felt up to it, I could sit and chat with them. They submitted work on line, and made movies of presentations. It was great.

The final point is that this extra 3 weeks out of your life could make a huge difference to the rest of your life. Don't try to be superwoman yet, take the time to be a princess.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-04-2010, 04:50 PM

Boy Aussie another excellent post. I agree .
Unread 03-03-2011, 01:13 PM

I had a TAH on Feb. 21. I stayed in hospital for 5 days, because of blood level complications & blood transfusion. I am a 2nd grade teacher & am scheduled to return to work on March 21...4 weeks after surgery. Will that be long enough?
Unread 03-03-2011, 02:43 PM

Four weeks would not have been enough for me and I had a wonderful recovery. As posted previously, I am an elementary school principal and went back to work at 9 weeks. I could have gone back at 6 but with Xmas holidays in there and a note from the doctor for 8 weeks, it turned out to be 9 weeks. I am very glad that I had that time as I felt close to 100% when I went back. I just needed to watch some of the lifting. Give yourself the time you need as you only have on chance to heal right.
Unread 03-03-2011, 06:42 PM

Thanks, Danni, for your reply. I have my next post-op appointment on the 15th of March. I guess I'll just wait & see what my doctor tells me then.

Thanks

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register