vaginal bulge | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > Pelvic Floor and Bladder Issues

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

vaginal bulge vaginal bulge

Unread 11-09-2009, 06:47 PM
vaginal bulge

Got a question ladies. I have been having bladder pain off and on since my hysterectomy in May 2009. I stand on my feet at my job and just came off of a long weekend. I had some intense pain both nights and felt "something" was not right. I got out mirror and it appears to be a bulge at the opening of my vagina (sorry if too much info) but I don't really know what I am looking at. I called my doctor and nurse called back to tell me that it sounded like my bladder had fallen. I have an appointment next Tuesday but just wanted to ask someone else what they thought. I am just scared about having to have another surgery. Thanks for any replies. This website is a God send!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-09-2009, 09:20 PM
Re: vaginal bulge

I too used a mirror to see what was happening down there, but it was a burning-pressure feeling that made me look. My gyn told me it looked as if my bladder had fallen, but failed to address the burning feeling. My urogyn said I had only a slight cystocele, but since I had no incontinence at all, he was reluctant to do surgery for that. I do had a rectocele that he is doing surgery on.

Are you seeing a gyn or a urogyn, and do you have any incontinence with your pain? Please let us know what the dr says.
Unread 11-10-2009, 05:11 PM

Thanks for replying. I do have burning in my bladder area espescially when I stand for a long period of time or ride for a long time. I am seeing a gyno but a different one than my regular one (the one that did my surgery). I have seen this one before. He is younger and a little more progressive in his thinking about IC and bladder pain. I am hoping he will help give a new perspective on the problem. I will let you know what he says. I just thought when I had my surgery that all of my pain would be gone, no more periods or problems. Boy, was I wrong. If I had known what I know now, I don't know if I would have had my surgery. Oh well, we will see on Tuesday!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-11-2009, 05:08 AM

I had the same thing happen, my hysterectomy was in June 09. I do not have any leaking but a lot of pain. I go for surgery next week for anterior/posterior repair with bladder sling and also a diagnostic lap.
Unread 11-12-2009, 05:45 AM
Smile - vaginal bulge Re: vaginal bulge

I hope your surgery goes well. I think we all think it will end with a hysterectomy but that seems to cause other issues. I hope that mine is not surgery but I am tired of hurting.
Good luck. Let us know how it goes!
Unread 11-12-2009, 06:07 AM

usnavy89 - Good luck with your surgery...not fun to have to go through more after only 4 or 5 months, but I'm sure it will be worth it to be rid of the pain....once and for all!

twilight - My thoughts are with you. I have been having similar issues and the pain is intolerable, at times, isn't it? I hope you get some satisfactory answers on Tuesday. Please let us know. Re: your concern about not knowing if the surgery was worth it....I can totally relate, and it is very frustrating to think about the fact that many of us had this surgery to finally be pain-free and now we're dealing with a different kind of pain. BTW - When I phoned my gyn's office to see if I could get an appointment sooner than 2 1/2 weeks, the receptionist, who has worked there for 30 years - the same amount of time I've been going to this particular gyn off and on since the age of 15 - said "Kelly, you've been dealing with pain almost your whole life, you should be able to handle another few weeks" I couldn't believe her comment!
As I mentioned in another discussion thread, there seem to be many of us dealing with very similar issues and I'm just not sure that these possibilities were discussed pre-op with us. We all seem to be worried and anxious and the wait is hard. Take care everyone...and in the meantime, I guess we can take comfort in knowing there are other women walking around holding their crotches as well to prevent something from falling out and rolling away on the ground
Unread 11-12-2009, 01:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KLE View Post
usnavy89 - Good luck with your surgery...not fun to have to go through more after only 4 or 5 months, but I'm sure it will be worth it to be rid of the pain....once and for all!

twilight - My thoughts are with you. I have been having similar issues and the pain is intolerable, at times, isn't it? I hope you get some satisfactory answers on Tuesday. Please let us know. Re: your concern about not knowing if the surgery was worth it....I can totally relate, and it is very frustrating to think about the fact that many of us had this surgery to finally be pain-free and now we're dealing with a different kind of pain. BTW - When I phoned my gyn's office to see if I could get an appointment sooner than 2 1/2 weeks, the receptionist, who has worked there for 30 years - the same amount of time I've been going to this particular gyn off and on since the age of 15 - said "Kelly, you've been dealing with pain almost your whole life, you should be able to handle another few weeks" I couldn't believe her comment!
As I mentioned in another discussion thread, there seem to be many of us dealing with very similar issues and I'm just not sure that these possibilities were discussed pre-op with us. We all seem to be worried and anxious and the wait is hard. Take care everyone...and in the meantime, I guess we can take comfort in knowing there are other women walking around holding their crotches as well to prevent something from falling out and rolling away on the ground
Hi Twilight,Sooo funny!!!!about holding our crotches to prevent something from falling out and rollling away on the ground ,sad but true..Everyone take care....
Unread 11-12-2009, 08:50 PM

usnavy89,sorry to hear about your dealing with the receptionist. That is part of the problem is that people do not think we are in pain. good luck with your appointment. I will let you know about mine!
Unread 11-13-2009, 06:48 AM

my surgery was 14 monthes ago and I also have a buldge and pain im worried it could be my bladder........
Unread 11-13-2009, 07:24 AM

lynneypoo,
are you having the urgency,increased frequencyand burning? I first thought mine was IC since I had a lot of problems before my surgery that were bladder related and have been doing the IC diet..no soda,no tea,no chocolate no juices (sounds pretty bad huh?) All I drink is water but it has seemed to help some. I had read on one of the websites about the research leading to them thinking IC could be a histamine reaction and to use H-2 blockers such as Tagamet or Zantac. I am taking Zantac 75mg twice a day. Been taking it for about a week and the last 3 days have been good and I have work three 10 hour days on my feet all day!! I still have to take Urispas and Vesicare some. I even have a pill box now to put that in along with my Premarin. My grandmother did not take this much medicine but if I can find a combo that works and have a couple of good days a week it is worth it. Good luck. Try to see you doctor soon!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register