Four more days... | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Four more days... Four more days...

Unread 05-27-2004, 08:07 AM
Four more days...

I wish I could say I was further along in preparations for the big day but I'm not. This is my fourth surgery in 18 months and I can't seem to get as organized this time around. My house is NOT neat, which makes me crazy. At least it's a long weekend and I can get things better situated. I know it'll all fall into place. I have picked up the following items: (1) new mask to keep light out of my eyes; (2) new chap sticks; (3) novel; and (4) new scented lotion.

I'm happy to say my mourning for my lost future fertility seems to have been short-lived. It was intense on Monday and then I worked through it. I suppose those issues will rear again but at least for the past several days, I've felt at peace.

I have my bowel prep drink ready and will pack my bag this weekend. It's just 1 night in the hospital so that's good. I was surprised when my doctor told me to be sure to pack all toiletries -as my hospital no longer even gives you toothpaste, etc.

That's my little Thursday update.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-27-2004, 08:51 AM
Four more days...

Hi Kate..
I'm right there with you! My surgery is on the 8th and I have not done one thing to get my house ready yet! And...from the mood I'm in it's likely that I won't get the house ready and I'll just have to recover in this messy, cluttery house! thankfully it's just me and my DB so it will be ok if I don't clean the house..but i really should! Good luck with your surgery and recovery.
Unread 05-27-2004, 09:35 AM
Four more days...

I'm glad to see that I'm not the only one freaking out about my "nasty" house! I told my DH last night that we would be cleaning maniacs this weekend! Of course, he asked "Why?". I quickly replied, "Because if I die during surgery, I don't want everyone thinking I was a bad house keeper!" He didn't think it was funny. Little does he know that I have seriously thought about that.

Anyway, I'm scheduled for a TVH on June 7th and I've not gotten anything ready. I'm sure that next week I will be running around like a crazy person trying to get everything in order!!! I need a check list of things to do. Is there one of those on this site????

Good luck to you guys with your surgeries. I'll be thinking about you!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-27-2004, 10:09 AM
Four more days...

LOL -- not really funny, but I was thinking the same thing. I don't want to be worrying in the hospital about my friends and family seeing my messy cupboards, etc. -- It's silly the things we worry about, but I guess we're human.
Unread 05-27-2004, 10:17 AM
Four more days...

I also have house that is a mess, I guess I will tackle it this weekend . My surgery is on the 1st and my pre-op is tomorrow.

Its kinda nice to know I am not alone in all this. I feeel tired all the time and yesterday was a disaster. Good thing I have a very uinderstanding boss- anyone else might have fired me. Its better today but DH says I look exhausted.
to all. We will survive
Unread 05-27-2004, 10:49 AM
Four more days...

Okay, count me in on this too! !! I really have been trying, but just can't seem to get very much done. I've had my 3 yr old granddaughter also this week. Maybe next week I can get more accomplished! I especially want to get my bedroom cleaned up and de-cluttered. That's where I'll spend most of my time, especially the first week. So, I want that room to be as clean and pleasing to the eye as it can be!
Unread 05-31-2004, 09:01 PM
Four more days...

Let me say first that, Fefa, you are in my prayers and I hope that all goes well tomorrow!!!

Now..as for the messy house. My DH, daughter, and I spent all weekend cleaning and "dejunkifying" the house. I must admit...most of the time was spent throwing out JUNK!!! But tonight...I called in reenforcements!!!! A cleaning lady is coming tomorrow to "scope out my house" and she will be here on Wednesday to clean...WHOOPIE!!!

I decided that I refuse to spend all of this week stressing out about getting my house clean while also stressing out that I get everything in order at work while also stressing out that I have everything on my "what to do and get before going to the hospital" list. I can only stress out about so much, you know.

Anyway, best wishes to all of you ladies in waiting. I'm nervous, but ready for June 7! And, thanks to the cleaning lady. I have one less thing to worry about!!!!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register