Davinci Total Hysterectomy | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Davinci Total Hysterectomy Davinci Total Hysterectomy

Unread 06-24-2014, 12:58 PM
Davinci Total Hysterectomy

Hello Gals,
Just wanted to give an update to my post op from surgery 6-11-14.Surgery went well, had fibroids, endometriosis scarring and andomyosis. Since I was having palm sized blood clots this was a good choice. However, on Friday I started feeling like I was getting a bladder infection. The nurse said that it was probably from the cath. Was having severe pain and couldn't be off any pain meds. Got a refill, but started having fevers. By wednesday I went back to the doc and she diagnosed me with having vaginal cuff cellulitis. Had a ct with and without contrast to be sure there was no abcess. She said she could put me in the hospital with IV antibiotics or I could take a couple of different ones and rest at home. Home was the choice. One antibiotic - Levaquin- was 1 every 24 hours. Thursday night I took it and by 4am I was at the er with a severe side effect from the meds. They changed my antibiotic and sent me home. In the meantime the urine culture from doc and blood test from er came back. No bladder infection but they found hemolyzed blood and ketones in it. No one has called to talk about it. The CBC showed low lymph and high monocytes and neutrophils. Absolute lymph was also low (flagged) and the monocytes were high (also flagged. My RBC was low at the 2nd day at the hospital and just .02 above normal from er. No one said anything about that.I was supposed to see the nurse practioner on monday since my doc is now on vacation. I have been so tired, I slept through the appointment. Next available is on friday at 7am. Have I mentioned how many tears I have shed??? Still having pain especially when I urinate, however it is not excruciiating. Still spotting from vagina & there is pain - imagine it is the vaginal cuff. I will be two weeks post op tomorrow. I am concerned about pain during urination without a UTI, as well as the bleeding. I had a blood clot removed when I saw the doc..I am concerned with the blood and low RBC that I may be having a very slow bleed somewhere. Is it possible the ct didn't catch something. I plan on asking for another blood test as well as urine test on friday..should I also ask for an ultrasound. Any advice would be great!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-24-2014, 02:49 PM
Re: Davinci Total Hysterectomy

Oh wow. I'm sorry you've been through all of that! We are surgery buddies. If you haven't already you should join our recovery thread
I wish I had advice for you but don't. Sending virtual hugs to you!
Unread 06-24-2014, 06:39 PM
Re: Davinci Total Hysterectomy

Lol I thought I was in the recovery thread!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register