Scheduled dVH/RALH Last Minute Disasters | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Last Minute Disasters Last Minute Disasters

Unread 10-21-2012, 03:35 PM
Last Minute Disasters

Somehow I knew things weren't going to go so smoothly getting to the day of my surgery. Just seems like so many things I have to get done, and it's not helping that I'm having my last period and it's just been a doozy! Horrible cramps like I've never had before and very heavy so have to keep running to change my pad.

Then my dog got cake batter all over himself licking out the bowl (okay, I should have seen that coming, but he kind of expects it when he sees me baking!) So now I have to give him a bath.

Just to make me panic a bit more, I already had decided I wanted to try and call my Gyn about ordering some pre-surgery hormone levels and then today I realized one of my fillings (tooth) fell out, or broke or something along those lines. So now I have to fit in a dentist appointment as well!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-21-2012, 03:53 PM
Re: Last Minute Disasters

Don't forget in all the other stuff to take a minute for yourself. Take a deep breath. You'll be ok. The night before my surgery, I had washed my floors really good and was sitting in the kitchen and my daughter came in and projectile puked all down me from my chest to my toes. Was ever so thankful she was mindful enough to miss the floor that I had just cleaned. When it rains, it pours.
Unread 10-21-2012, 03:57 PM

Yeah, I am not a very neat person, and with my back problems, fibromyalgia, etc. house cleaning is not at the top of the list. But with my mom coming to stay for a few days, I do feel like I have to do the floors, etc.

I didn't even mention the biggest thing, which is that I am closing on a house a week after surgery and moving a month after that! So I'm also trying to get as much packing done before I am not able to do it myself anymore!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-21-2012, 04:24 PM

I had this wonderful list of things I wanted to get done since I had 2 months notice... you know what what doesn't get done will still be there afterwards and no worse for the wear. Tomorrow is the day. Had the teenage daughter and her boyfriend here this weekend for fall break, last football game of the year, teenage boyfriend thought he left his check here only to have me tear apart part of the livingroom while they were driving the 45 minutes back to turn around and find it in the car. I decided I'm not going to sweat it too much. What happens happens. I've got food prepared and things will happen how they are supposed to. To make matters more fun the boys are moving the storage unit this afternoon as we got notice that we could downsize to a smaller unit and save $15 a month. They had ours already spoken for so it needed to happen this weekend. Volleyball tournament took up time yesterday worked last night... like I said what gets done gets done... what doesn't oh well.
Unread 10-21-2012, 05:06 PM

Yeah, this came up too fast for me to do much preparation, and my freezer and fridge are already so full, I'd have nowhere to even put meals! I'll just have to make due on those best I can.

Although I didn't make it easier on myself by deciding I just had to make some of my best special cookies and cake pops to give little "thank you" goodie bags to the nurses and my doctor(s) at the hospital. Still have a couple batches of those I want to finish up in the next couple days!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register