Yet another new girl - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Yet another new girl Yet another new girl

Unread 05-02-2002, 09:01 AM
Im 28 also!!

Hi Starwalk! I too am new here (found out aboutit last week) and didnt know that this site or anything like this existed! Its great isnt it? I feel so much better just from reading the many stories of encouragement. I also heard many horror stories and was very worried. But then I started hearding alot of good ones and when I finally got here...well...it does sound like waiting is the hardest part. Lets hope thats true!! lol...anyway,, my surgury is coming up..I have pre op today! Ill let you know how it is and keep you informed of my recovery! Take care and know that you can get about any ? answered on here. Someone has been through it and has the answer for you !!!
L-Michele
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-02-2002, 05:25 PM
Yet another new girl

thank you all so much, I feel so welcome here!!

I went to a conference today for work and *4* people aksed me when I was due! Gads, I can see why, but it was horrid! I guess that's life when people assume things eh??

*hugs*
Unread 05-02-2002, 07:46 PM
Baby Talk

Hey, Starwalk, the next time someone asks you when you're due just tell them that you're looking forward to giving birth to a 10 lb. fibroid any day now !! I'd love to see the look on their face after that one.

As you will notice from the messages you've already received from your post, there is plenty of love, open arms and advice here to help you through this very difficult time in your life.

I, myself, couldn't wait to get to the castle for surgery so that I could get everything done and over with and get on the road to recovering so I could get on with my life. I had my TAH on March 4th for some very large fibroids. In fact my doctor said that my largest one (12cm) was actually bigger than a full term baby's head (8-9cm), so "giving birth" isn't too far from the truth.

I didn't experience a lot of problems that some of the other women had with prolonged periods, heavy bleeding, etc. My fibroids caused problems with my digestive system to the point that I thought I was contracting colon cancer and had to have several test to rule out cancer. Thank God that wasn't the issue and, when it all boiled down, it was the fibroids causing all of my problems - constipation-like elimination and sometimes painful BMs due to pressure at the top of my intestines pushing everything down and fibroids near the colon area trying to keep stuff inside. So, it was a "tug of war" just trying to go to the bathroom. I feel so much better not having to deal with that crap again (no pun intended).

So, you can see that fibroids can affect us in many different ways.

And yes, waiting is the worst part of it all -- not knowing what to expect. I didn't find this sight until after my surgery and I really envy the women who were able to locate it before they had surgery 'cause it gives you a better idea of what to expect -- much better than any doctor can tell you, unless they've actually had the surgery.

Whenever you feel the need for a just come here, we're waiting for you and when you have had your surgery and are able to communicate with us again please join us on the post-op board for plenty of s there, too.
Unread 05-03-2002, 04:31 PM
Yet another new girl

teehee, I may just have to do that (not fibroids though, cysts the size of lemons, ack!)

I wonder if work would cover maternity leave for a fibroid (or cyst) lol

agh.. laughing hurts almost as much as sex (argh!) they used to be around grapefruit size, but lupron does do it's thing now and then, eh??

Suanne

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register