Nov 8th, is the date... | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Nov 8th, is the date... Nov 8th, is the date...

Unread 11-06-2005, 07:34 PM
Nov 8th, is the date...

I am scared to death, how long will surgery take? When will I be able to get out of bed for the 1st time? When can I go back to work as a sitting down cashier? Any info will help!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-06-2005, 07:53 PM
Nov 8th, is the date...

First off- Good luck and I'm sending you a big

I can completely understand you anxiety and what all to expect. My surgery was a LAVH with a LSO- I had a RSO last October- It took about 2 hours. depending on your surgery type it will probably be around that 2 hour mark give or take. I didn't get out of bed until the next morning after my surgery. I went back part time at the start of 5 weeks post op, but had an infection set in that sent me back into the hospital for another week. I went back full time at 6 weeks. Everyone is different and everyone's healing time is different. The best advice I can give- is take care of yourself and listen to your body! Don't push it and take as much time as you need to heal! You only get one shot at it
I found this site and all these wonderful woman to be a great support to me.
I wish you the best and I'll keep you in my thoguhts in prayers.
Leslie
Unread 11-06-2005, 07:57 PM
Nov 8th, is the date...

PS- If you ever want to chat I'd be happy too I see we are pretty close in age.
Happy belated birthday by the way
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-06-2005, 08:43 PM
Nov 8th, is the date...

My surgery date is the same as yours. I can't answer any of your questions I have some of the same ones. I am getting very scared right now I can't eat or sleep I just can't wait for it to be over with. I guess I can't even spell right now I have had to correct almost everything. Good Luck with your surgery what kind are you having I am having a TAH.
Unread 11-06-2005, 08:55 PM
Nov 8th, is the date...

tah here on sept 15. surgery was about 2 hours. was able to keep right overy. left had to go due to cysts. had op for two very irregular paps. no extended bleeding here, just cin 111 and cis. was up after about 12 hours. after i was awake enough to stand up to get bed changed. slept the rest of the time. up and had shower next morning. cant say it has been fun but i can say it has been uneventual. the gas pains where the worst part of it looking back. please take your gas x and drink lots of water and take care of yourself. thats the most important part is taking care of yourself. for once put your self first. its hard but do it no matter what. take care and my prayers are with u
Unread 11-06-2005, 08:59 PM
Nov 8th, is the date...

p.s. i forgot to say dont be scared. it will be over before u know it and we and god are with u no matter what. stay strong and we will be here when u get home!!!!!!!
Unread 11-06-2005, 09:19 PM
Nov 8th, is the date...

Your doc will tell u when to return to work. My surgery took about 2 hours or so. Once you get in the operating room, next thing you know you're waking up! It's great! I got out of bed the next morning...they made me sit up to eat my liquid breakfast and I sat in a chair for lunch. Back to bed, at my request, for dinner. I took 3 walks that dayk, too. More walks the next day, had my epidural and IV removed, and took the most glorious shower, along with more walks. Went home that evening. Tues-Thurs...not bad at all.
Unread 11-06-2005, 10:44 PM
Nov 8th, is the date...

My surgery is the same day - I'm getting marginally more nervous by the hour. Think I am prepared but I doubt anyone really is. I have a friend who had one three weeks ago and said her gas pains were so horrible she couldn't even turn her head because they hurt in her neck and shoulders. This was even after she went home. Hmmmm. Hoping to avoid that. I had a C-section 24 years ago and it was great - went shopping on the way home. But I was 22 then! I have a feeling this will be different story. Will write when I get back. Best wishes to you!
Unread 11-07-2005, 04:14 AM
My Surgery is Nov. 8th

Quote:
Originally Posted by hildalgo2005
I am scared to death, how long will surgery take? When will I be able to get out of bed for the 1st time? When can I go back to work as a sitting down cashier? Any info will help!
Hi you all:

I noticed some are having their surgery Nov.8th, I'm having a Total Abdominal Hysterectomy to, getting scared but this pain is nothing to live with. Just pray an God will see us all through this time GBU ALL
Unread 11-07-2005, 05:53 AM
Nov 8th, is the date...

Best of luck to all you ladies having surgery tomorrow - I'm 6 weeks post op today - and will admit it's nice to be on this side...
The best part is I have no pain from all the problems pre-surgery...YAY

robinbks - this is nothing like the c-sections we had 20 years ago!!! (I had 3 c-sections) My doc said do NOTHING for 4 weeks (cooking, cleaning, laundry, driving, shopping) and although it was hard, I did listen and it paid off - was cleared last week to start back doing "normal" things + exercising again (I teach at the Y, but won't be back doing that til after holidays),

Recovery depends on many variables - your age, type of surgery. Just take the time to heal - you only get one chance to do it right!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register