Pain in the lower right side- 3 weeks post op tomorow | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Pain in the lower right side- 3 weeks post op tomorow Pain in the lower right side- 3 weeks post op tomorow

Unread 05-18-2005, 02:37 PM
Pain in the lower right side- 3 weeks post op tomorow

ITs been 3 weeks tomorrow already since my TVH/BSO surgery. I feel really good at this point, Im back to doing just about everything I did before surgery. WITH the exception of a pain in my lower right side this week. Its not constant but makes itself known frequently. I know it cant be my overies since they were taken out with the hyst. Has anyone else had this problem or could it be part of the healing process from the internal sititches? Or maybe im just doing more acitivity then I should be even tought im feeling much better? Any ideas? I dont go for a follow up appt for another two weeks, but if it gets worse,, I may make that phone call sooner to rule out anything serious
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-18-2005, 02:50 PM
:)

Hello

You and I had our surgery on the same day!! I had a TAH with cervix and ovaries taken. I too had endo! I have those same pains you are talking about, my doctor said that was normal...I take Motrin, I think it's helping?

Good luck with your recovery ....Imagine how good we will feel when we are totally healed, that darn endo is some nasty stuff!!

Lisa
Unread 05-18-2005, 02:53 PM

Hi,

It's pretty common three to six weeks after surgery for ladies to start having a sharp pain in one side or the other. This seems to be caused by the nerves in that area regenerating, or perhaps the fact that the surgeon may have pulled the sutures tighter on that side, or it even may be caused by the sutures themselves dissolving.

I remember after my surgery, I was miserable at about 4 1/2 weeks post-op for several days with right-sided, shooting pain I called zingers. A heating pad and ibuprofen helped a lot.

However, if the pain doesn't ease soon, it wouldn't hurt to give your doctor a call, just to be on the safe side. Any new pain or unusual symptom should always be checked out by a physician.

Hope you're feeling better soon!

s,

Lisa
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-18-2005, 03:31 PM

I have the same date as you and am also experiencing those same pains. In fact every so often I just get a "zinger" in many different areas below the incision, especially after doing some walking.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register