Positve feedback Thankful my DH finally came around. | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Positve feedback Thankful my DH finally came around. Positve feedback Thankful my DH finally came around.

Unread 02-20-2008, 02:47 PM
Positve feedback Thankful my DH finally came around.

I know several ladies are having issues with unsupportive spouses. I so wish that we could make the guys see the light and love and support their ladies in waiting.

Today has been an especially difficult day for me emotionally and all this time I thought my DH was uninterested or was mere indifferent. This is from an email he sent me and made me feel 100% better. I wanted to share it so that we might have some insight into how the men struggle with this also.

"When you get home you wont have demands heaped on you and be expected to be on your feet and running people around town. You have a husband and kid slaves to see to your every whim TMI (no wipe duty) all I want from you is your complete commitment to lay in your bed and not to lift a finger and just RECOVER I love you very very much and only want what is in my beautiful wife's best interest. Please never forget that I am always on your side and only want what's best for you even though my raw man shows now and it being hard to deal with yet another surgery I love and respect you."

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-20-2008, 02:58 PM

He's a keeper, Nicole.

Kay
Unread 02-20-2008, 03:03 PM

I think so. We both have a good sense of humor which can sometime make things TOO light hearted. But we have been kidding around that he is now stuck with me because my warranty is up!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-20-2008, 03:35 PM

He sounds great. I've been very fortunate that my DH has been absolutely wonderful despite just starting a stressful new job and despite being scared out of his wits when I started to hemorrhage. (And again at my surgery--neither he nor my doc will tell me what he said when she came out but apparently she knew at a glance he was a total wreck.)

His big drawback as a post surgery companion is that he can't stop cracking jokes. I keep telling him its great he can still make me laugh after 20 years but THIS IS NOT THE TIME! Ouch!
Deb
Unread 02-20-2008, 03:42 PM

Wow...what a sweet email! Makes me always wish I had a husband! Just kidding...I never wish that. : )
Unread 02-20-2008, 04:52 PM

Wow, I am teary eyed, what a sweetheart he is!! I can tell you are going to be very well taken care of!!
Unread 02-20-2008, 05:32 PM

you are very lucky... want to trade? (only kidding i could'nt do that to you...)
Unread 02-20-2008, 06:38 PM

LOL...too funny. I think it's important to understand that most men are not emotional like us and most of the time it's easier if they just ignore it, run the other way or play it down hoping that it will just go away. And men are "fixers" and it must be hard for them that they can only watch as we live in pain and not be able to fix us. Once we see it from "their" perspective you can approach it that way and give them some support in return also. They are going through this process along side us and most of the time are just expected to know what to do and step up to the plate.
Unread 02-20-2008, 06:45 PM

Yeah, really good point!
So I just now learned about the men's matching site and sent the link to my dh (www.misterhystersyster.com, I think. Look under support at the top of the page.)
He's upset that I found it AFTER all the panic and scary stuff was over--can't blame him. But you guys may want to share it with your partners.
Deb

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register