Incision burning, can't laugh or cough - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Incision burning, can't laugh or cough Incision burning, can't laugh or cough

Unread 06-14-2010, 03:47 AM
Re: Incision burning, can't laugh or cough

I love my tummy pillow. I'm thinking seriously about taking it to work with me when I go back in August. Mine is a down travel pillow. I chose a really soft one and I'm glad I did because nothing else feels good on my tummy at all.
I didn't have an abdominal procedure but my incision from my umbilical hernia repair burns. I just take my Percocet. It's the only thing that helps that feeling. I wish I was off of them but I'm only taking about 2 a day right now. I expect that to only get better.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-19-2010, 08:45 AM

Oh yes, even with just an LAVH, the little incisions hurt. Especially one on the side. It's the most sore and feels like i pulled a muscle. As the nerves wake up i get these sharp lighting zings of pain. It hurts to laugh, but I brace with a pillow or my hand.

But I know that this will pass and it's still not as bad as the crap I've been dealing with before surgery.
Unread 06-22-2010, 09:59 PM

i had my surgery on the 9th too girl...yeah, tomorrow will be exactly 2 weeks and i feel great! i am soooo happy i had the surgery...OMG you wouldn't believe the pain i have been in for about 2 months now, but been actually suffering with fibroids for 3 years...and at 6 1/2 lbs it was sho' ready to come out...it was awful...i made a pact with myself, to take care of me, me, me FIRST AND FOREMOST and then worry about everybody else and anything else...you will find the laughing, coughing, breathing all of that will get better...i know when i first got home i could only take short breaths and even that was difficult, but now i am breathing regularly...i can laugh and cough some and sneeze without thinking i am gonna die! i am glad to hear that you got this far and i wish you a continued speedy recovery!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register