Pain one year later | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Pain one year later Pain one year later

Unread 07-14-2013, 09:37 PM
Pain one year later

Hi all. I'm 35 and I had a robotic hyst on 7/13/12. He took everything except my left ovary. Surgery was great.. no problems. However, the last month or so, I've gained weight, my legs and left hip are killing me, I am constantly tired, heartburn (which I never had before) left side and lower stomach hurt really bad. I was supposed to see my GYN in May... I did not. BTW, I had the hysterectomy due to endometrial cancer Stage 1b. I think I should see him, but feel dumb that my symptoms are just because I am overweight. If there is nothing wrong I know my mind will be at ease, but when I was diagnosed with cancer.... I had pretty much knew I had it. I'm concerned... is it possible for me to develop ovarian cancer? I just don't want to seem like a hypochondriac to him.. I think I'm going nuts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-14-2013, 10:18 PM
Re: Pain one year later

Get into your doc and get checked out asap!!! Better safe than sorry!
Unread 07-15-2013, 06:00 PM

No, you aren't going nuts! It's always a good idea to get any new symptoms checked out (sooner than later!). Was your surgeon a gyn/onc (gynecological oncologist)? You'd mentioned that you were due to see your gyn in May. I'd definitely be sure whomever is doing your endo cancer follow-ups is aware of these new issues.

Kudos to you for listening to your body! As you said, getting things checked out will give you peace of mind, and if this is something cancer-related (fingers crossed it's not!), it's much better to catch things early. Remember, we are our own best advocates!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-15-2013, 06:04 PM

I would get this checked out asap. With this many symptoms you could have a problem. Definitely let your doc know so that they can make sure there isn't another problem.
Unread 07-18-2013, 02:40 AM

Well, I took the advice and reluctantly made an appointment on Monday and they got me in on Wednesday.. did a vag ultrasound (which was horribly painful for some reason) and also did a regular stomach ultrasound. They could not find my ovary. (I only have the left one left)... it was a long and painful process and I was ready to run screaming and ready to say, "I don't care anymore.. I'm fine!" but I dealt with it. The gyn doc said, "Not being able to see it is probably a good thing.." (alrighty)... but because I have pain, he is sending me for a CT scan. That's about all I have for now. Will just be glad when this is over and done with. I also got lectured because I hadn't gone to see him and I am supposed to see him every 4 months for 3 years/ and every 6 months for 2 years. Does that seem excessive? I was only grade 1/ stage 1b endometrial cancer... Everything is gone.. I can't get it again, right?
Unread 07-18-2013, 08:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by snickles1977 View Post
I also got lectured because I hadn't gone to see him and I am supposed to see him every 4 months for 3 years/ and every 6 months for 2 years. Does that seem excessive? I was only grade 1/ stage 1b endometrial cancer... Everything is gone.. I can't get it again, right?
No, that isn't excessive, it's pretty much standard follow-up. Some are even every three months for the first couple of years, depending on the doc. And, yes, unfortunately, a recurrence is a possibility once you've had a cancer diagnosis. Of course, the lower/earlier your staging, the less that risk is, but it does exist. We've even had ladies who had in situ cancer have a recurrence following surgery, although this is certainly not the norm.

None of this means you have cancer at this point, though, so take some deep breaths. Good luck with the CT and please keep us posted!
Unread 07-21-2013, 06:01 AM

Monami is right. I would definitely continue to follow up with the doc. And believe it or not, it is good that he is telling you to come in to be checked. Unfortunately, cancer can be tricky and can re--occur. It doesn't mean you have it, but better to be checked out every few months until you are cleared. Good luck with the CT and hopefully everything will be fine.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register